Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: NC_Eagle on January 02, 2014, 11:40:39 PM
Quote from: SunMo on January 02, 2014, 09:28:12 AM
i love that in the internet scouting world anybody who doesn't have a Brett Favre arm automatically has a weak arm.

They also seem to forget that Favre also holds the career INT record, one for every 1.5 TDs and a pedestrian 86.0 QB Rating. If it wasn't for his Ironman streak (which he appropriately gets mad credit for) he'd be just another above average QB who won some big games and lost some, though he did have good intangibles.

no

you can't compare the numbers QBs are putting up now to what was happening even 10-15 years ago.  Completely different game since the defensive rule changes.  Compare numbers to other qbs of their generation.  Marino had an 86.4 career qb rating.  Aikman 81.

Romo 95.8.  Rivers 96.  Different eras.

General_Failure

Favre was terrible in every era he played.

The man. The myth. The legend.

shorebird

Yes, but he was such a mad gunslinger.

Rome

Matt Schaub & Chad Pennington have higher QBR's than Dan Marino.  Tony Romo is #5.  Maybe QBR isn't necessarily such a great statistical measure of quarterbacking proficiency?

Sgt PSN

No wonder that Marino guy never won a SB. Farging scrub.

Eagaholic

Have to agree with EL- Steve Young is the only QB in the top 7 career QBR that isn't still playing.

ice grillin you

so a nick foles jerkfest morphs into a brett farve sucks parade....you people are amazing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

SD

QuoteJoe Namath: Nick Foles could be one of the best quarterbacks to play in the NFL
Shutdown Corner By Yahoo! Sports Staff Jan 3, 2014 5:40 PM

A Hall of Fame quarterback thinks Nick Foles might be destined someday to be among the best quarterbacks ever to play the game.

In an exclusive interview with Yahoo Sports and the Shutdown Corner blog, former New York Jets quarterback Joe Namath counts himself a fan of the Philadelphia Eagles second-year quarterback. Foles plays in his first playoff game on Saturday night against the New Orleans Saints, and Namath thinks the Eagles have an edge in this game because of Foles.

"Over the past month, I've decided that Nick Foles is one of the best passers I've seen," Namath said. "He throws on the move, what he puts on the ball - wow. He is special. He runs around there like an NBA guard, or maybe even a small forward. He's big; he can throw. His throwing motion, throwing on the move, reminds me of Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay. Throwing that ball, this cat is good. He gives them a big edge."

Namath, the hero of Super Bowl III who was inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985, is considered one of the best arms to ever play in the NFL. In Foles, he sees someone who "can be special, really great."

In 13 games this season, Foles threw for 2,891 yards with 27 touchdowns and only two interceptions. But Foles' mobility for a big quarterback — he is listed as 6-foot-6 — impresses Namath, who was known for his mobility before a knee injury during his senior year at Alabama cut back on his scrambling.

"I didn't see [Foles] play a game in college. I didn't even see him! But boy do I see him now. He certainly does move around beautifully. When I see him throwing in the last few months. I saw him make some throws on a rope and others where he puts some air on it. Others on swing passes where he puts it out there, not too much heat ... you know, passes you can really handle. He has change of speeds. He doesn't knock them over on a short post. He has a knack of judging distances," Namath said.

"I believe he can be real special. Really special, really special. I like this kid."

Namath is doing an NFL Playoff blog exclusively with Yahoo! Sports and he picked the Eagles to win Saturday night in their NFC Wild Card game against the Saints. To read Namath's blog, click here.

You can follow Yahoo!Sports Kristian R. Dyer at @KristianRDyer.

ice grillin you

lol...namath is an awesome drunk but no chance he watched even one play of any eagle game this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 10:53:52 AM
lol...namath is an awesome drunk but no chance he watched even one play of any eagle game this year
He's clearly trying to get an interview with Suzy again by talking up her team
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2014, 10:53:52 AM

Ha! I thought the same thing reading that.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

offensive MVP of the Pro Bowl (and from the losing team too)

BigEd76

Foles

Around 1:12 he gives a really awful Napoleon Dynamite impression