Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

If Foles keeps up this performance and the Eagles win the Super Bowl, we'd still have to listen to the same iceholes complaining about him, comparing him to some fantasy prospect the Eagles could draft, etc.   Yeah yeah, he's big and goofy and white and stfu.

He's played well enough for me to be delighted and I don't see any reason to get all down in the mouth about the Eagles QB situation at all.  Keep all three as they are for next year.  Vick as backup, Barkley to understudy another year, etc. 

Team has much more pressing issues than QB or Nick Foles.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

Kick Vick off the team and replace him with some journeyman scrub who isn't quite as terrible.

QB Eagles

Foles' lack of arm strength didn't keep the Eagles from having the most plays of 20+ yards in NFL history. I haven't seen the stat since early December but it's quite likely that Foles is in the top 10 for deep ball completion % too. Sure it'd be nice if he had a cannon but I'm pretty sure any team scouting the Eagles wouldn't list "lack of downfield threat" as one of the top 15 weaknesses of the team.

Rome

He's no Kevin Kolb but Foles certainly has adequate arm strength.

Seabiscuit36

I'm anxiously awaiting Munson's review of throws this season
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Foles hasn't put up a lot of floating ducks this season.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

Who was the guy that qb'd the Ravens before Flacco?? He had a cannon. He could throw the ball from the fifty yard line through the uprights from his knees. But he sucked as a qb. Arm strength alone does nothing to make a qb good or great.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

shorebird

SD

Foles is very good at putting the ball in a place where his receivers can make a play. There's a reason a lot of his throws that look like lobs are actually calculated risks that pay off. 2 INTs with a large number of 20+ yard plays is not an accident.

General_Failure

He could stand to take a few less sacks, but I don't remember how much of that is him, the blocking, or the receivers. I'm guessing very little of it is the receivers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on January 01, 2014, 05:44:29 PM
Foles is very good at putting the ball in a place where his receivers can make a play. There's a reason a lot of his throws that look like lobs are actually calculated risks that pay off. 2 INTs with a large number of 20+ yard plays is not an accident.

Agreed...the fact they go down the field as much as they do and he only has two picks shows he knows where to put it and can get it there. That's all that matters

SunMo

i love that in the internet scouting world anybody who doesn't have a Brett Favre arm automatically has a weak arm.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

NC_Eagle

Quote from: SunMo on January 02, 2014, 09:28:12 AM
i love that in the internet scouting world anybody who doesn't have a Brett Favre arm automatically has a weak arm.

They also seem to forget that Favre also holds the career INT record, one for every 1.5 TDs and a pedestrian 86.0 QB Rating. If it wasn't for his Ironman streak (which he appropriately gets mad credit for) he'd be just another above average QB who won some big games and lost some, though he did have good intangibles.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

General_Failure

I for one just can't stop swinging on Favre's nuts.

The man. The myth. The legend.