Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

foles play this season has no bearing on drafting a qb...even if he was playing horrendous you dont draft a qb in the first round as there isnt a worthy candidate...and if he continues to play ok you still might draft qb somewhere along the way if a guy you really like is available
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

I'd take Foles over RGIII and Luck at this point. He'll win a minimum of 3 Superbowls over the next 5 seasons at this point.

Zanshin

I'm excited because Foles isn't Vick. Good enough for now.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on December 10, 2012, 10:34:47 AM
I'm excited because Foles isn't Vick. Good enough for now.

theres no emotion more powerful than hope

Quote from: SD on December 10, 2012, 10:11:57 AM
I'd take Foles over RGIII and Luck at this point. He'll win a minimum of 3 Superbowls over the next 5 seasons at this point.

unlikely

hbionic

I'm just happy the dude is a tall QB.

I think half of the QB follies we've seen are fixed with his height. We'll see less turn overs and less sacks due to faster opportunities to get rid of the ball.

I'm in like flynn.

Also, Nick Foles is goofy-sexy.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

i dont know how hes gonna end up as a qb but his poise is certainly impressive....after the avant catch when they had to spike the ball he actually went up to the line and took the time to look left down the line of scrimmage then a full turn to look right down the scrimmage and then the spike...a lot of veteran qb's wouldnt have done that with under five seconds left...real guts were shown there

SunMo

apparently he's audibling like a mofo and making checks that a veteran qb would be making
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

He doesn't seen to ever get rattled.  He has full command of the offense too.

It could be an illusion and let's not forget Tampa was butt naked last in pass defense but he looked really good yesterday despite having to run for his life when he wasn't getting smashed to the ground.

I'm hopeful...

SunMo

its impossible to forget that since every know-it-all fan and journalist has brought it up in the past 24 hours
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I was impressed by his play yesterday. I like the command he's shown audibling and reading defenses. Last ranked pass D or not he is a rookie who identified weaknesses and called routes to capitalize on them.

He also succeeded in his four game quest to get Brent Celek killed. I wondered if SD did a first down dance when that happened.

General_Failure

Quote from: SunMo on December 10, 2012, 02:39:54 PM
its impossible to forget that since every know-it-all fan and journalist has brought it up in the past 24 hours

Sure, but did you know that until yesterday the Phillies had a win more recently than the Eagles? And that DeSean Jackson was hurt? And that Andy Reid is the winningest coach in Eagles history? And and and and...

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 10, 2012, 02:01:01 PM
i dont know how hes gonna end up as a qb but his poise is certainly impressive....after the avant catch when they had to spike the ball he actually went up to the line and took the time to look left down the line of scrimmage then a full turn to look right down the scrimmage and then the spike...a lot of veteran qb's wouldnt have done that with under five seconds left...real guts were shown there

Everything I've heard and read about him is that he's got a really high football IQ.  Agree on the poise too, but that was evident even when he stepped in for Vick against Dallas.  He's never looked like the game is too big for him, even when making typical rookie mistakes. 

Not gonna lie, I'm excited to watch him play out the last few games of the year just to see if/how he improves.  There's not really anything else to root for at this point, so I might as well hope that I'm watching the beginning of an excellent career.  It's better than being completely down on this team like most of us have been for the last few months/years/decades*. 

*excludes homer J and Easy

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on December 10, 2012, 10:11:57 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of a minimum of 5 Superbowls over the next 3 seasons.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD