Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on March 13, 2017, 03:04:53 PM
If Wentz goes down injured, the Eagles will have an Audience of None.

this is a massive L for a number of different reasons
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hunt

even when the eagles win a goddamn super bowl, you have to be a troll by digging up old quotes.  that's some next level iceholery.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Diomedes

For the record, I prefer "Saint Nick" over the other nicknames people are using. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Quote from: hunt on February 05, 2018, 08:51:18 AM
even when the eagles win a goddamn super bowl, you have to be a troll by digging up old quotes.  that's some next level iceholery.
And you were expecting ...?

Eagles_Legendz

MDS

i dig up my own quote too you beautiful hillbilly

hunt

Quote from: MDS on February 05, 2018, 11:17:55 AM

i dig up my own quote too you beautiful hillbilly

oh, in that case.......
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

SD

Start erecting a statue of Foles outside the Linc. Unbelievable performance. Well deserved MVP.

After the dust settles, the right thing to do would be to ask Foles if he'd like to stay their back up or be a starter for another team. I'm sure he wants to be a starter, he should be able to sign a massive contract that will allow him to be financially secure for the rest of his life. There are only 8 qbs in the league including Foles who have won a SB. None of them have gone blow for blow with Brady. Eli was clutch but his D kept Brady in check. Start the bidding at a 1st round pick.

Diomedes

Foles is already financially set for life.   I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would rather stay in Philly as Wentz's backup.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: AO1 on February 05, 2018, 01:41:54 PM
After the dust settles, the right thing to do would be to ask Foles if he'd like to stay their back up or be a starter for another team.

Bingo.

General_Failure

If he wants, he could just say he's done and walk out on top. What's a couple more million going to get him that he can't already get?

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on February 05, 2018, 01:56:31 PM
Foles is already financially set for life.   I wouldn't be at all surprised if he would rather stay in Philly as Wentz's backup.

By our standards? Yes. His current deal is really only worth $11 million over 2 years...the 5 year deal voids if he's on the roster in 2019. By NFL standards he's about 5 years from being broke. They're talking about Cousins - who's also 29 and hasn't won dick - getting $35 million per year...Alex no arm Smith just got $74 farging million guaranteed and he's 35 and has never won dick. Imagine what a qb coming into his prime who just won a sb is worth? I'd be more than happy to keep him, but there's zero chance of that because the Eagles need picks and Foles deserves to get paid. Win/win for everyone. Eagles got a 1st and 4th for Sammy sleeves.

Imagine going from this:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/hard-knocks-jeff-fisher-cuts-nick-foles-rams

To this

https://youtu.be/qY4BtIQUbfI

In 18 months

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on February 05, 2018, 02:23:23 PM
By our standards? Yes. ...

He comes from an incredibly rich family, and is a bona-fide multi-millionaire in his own right.  Moreover, I think he genuinely cares more for Christ than for money.   If he quit football now to open a church, that would suprise me less than him following the money to a starting gig somewhere.

Eagaholic

Not sure anyone knows if Wentz will miss time going into next season and you certainly don't want to take any chances pushing his return. Also not sure they win the SB this year without home field throughout, every game counts. It would be a tough call trading Foles by the draft unless they got an offer that blew them away. I probably wouldn't unless they were really confident in the medicals. Plus, Howie has shown a penchant for getting unexpectedly good return late in the trading season.