"He Hate Me" is now "He Love Me"

Started by PhillyGirl, September 02, 2005, 05:50:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

And could become "He Cut Me"....

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4833004

CHARLOTTE (AP) - Carolina running back Rod Smart is changing the nickname that made him famous, dropping "He Hate Me" because of his popularity. Smart said Friday he will now go by "He Love Me."

"I came to Carolina and got my love," he said.

Smart originally took the nickname during his brief stint in the defunct XFL. He had "He Hate Me" stitched on the back of his Las Vegas Outlaws jersey as a statement to people who had dismissed him as a player.

But he has been embraced since Carolina claimed him off waivers in 2002, using a 100-yard kick return for a touchdown during the 2003 season to cement his popularity.

The name change is part of a promotional gimmick with Alltel, which is using Smart in a campaign centered around the 1970s hit song Come and Get Your Love.

The timing is questionable, though. Smart, who missed most of last season with a knee injury, is on the bubble to make Carolina's roster and could be released Saturday in the final round of cuts.

:-D :-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

FreakisaKearseWord

OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF #90 DARREN HOWARD

Sgt PSN

I thought I saw Smart with a couple of nice returns against Pitt last night.  ???

PhillyPhreak54

Isn't he Freddie's cousin? I think he is.

Anyways...I'd take He Hate Me over Reno Mahe and Bruce Perry.

GET HE HATE ME!

Larry

More Mahe please.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

dis12

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 02, 2005, 08:28:26 PM
Isn't he Freddie's cousin? I think he is.

Anyways...I'd take He Hate Me over Reno Mahe and Bruce Perry.

GET HE HATE ME!

you are kidding , right? 
As much as I like Reno (since I own the only Mahe jersey ever created), I think Perry is the keeper...for now.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***