The IGY thread not worthy of a new year thread

Started by General_Failure, January 04, 2013, 08:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we ban ice grillin you?

Yes.
2 (10.5%)
No, this is kinda stupid even for this place.
13 (68.4%)
Yes, and his little dog (MDS) too!
4 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 11, 2013, 08:35:55 PM

Rome

Geowhizzer

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on January 04, 2013, 09:13:03 PM
Is this a joke?

Either way, Ban 'em both.  I've had enough.

I voted yes, as this place is the same stale shtein over and over with them.

Of course I know Sunny and arejayess feel the same way about me, so ban me too. Life hacking for all!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on January 04, 2013, 11:34:28 PM
keep igy, ban todd

I know you love you some Havas, but when did little Toddy piss in your Cheerios?

By the way you're a majorly judgmental douchebag, and you can go farg yourself too. How's the fat bitch you made kids with and your bastich kids, ass?

Sgt PSN

This thread is keeping it real.

Ban everyone except Chuggie. He'll keep talking to himself in the NOLA thread.

Diomedes

If anyone cares, I voted BAN because I'd rather talk to Father Demon and Sus and MMH and others like them who left when :CF became a hippo circle jerk.

I think I'd like these two well enough in real life but their online personas are farging intolerable.

Also, since when is this place a farging democracy?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

I keep in touch with a few former regulars and they all say the same thing...Havas/MDS made the board unreadable.  And I get it up to a certain point as both definitely have their moments. But seriously, why people would leave because of 1 or 2 people is beyond me.  People post shtein all the time that annoys me or that I strongly disagree with and I'd say I respond to maybe half of it. It's really not that hard to just skip over a few posts. If I don't feel like getting involved, I just wait until the conversation shifts directions a little bit before jumping back in. No big deal. Gotta say I agree with IGY Smalls here....people catching feelings way too easily. 

Geowhizzer

Honest opinion?

Igy is what Igy is going to be.  A contrarian and attention whore who loves sports and wants to talk about it.  Always tries to slant things his way, and has a hard time (whether for real or just as a part of his online persona) even considering anyone else's opinion, particularly is they disagree with his own.   Annoying at times, but livable as he at least will discuss the topics at hand.

Todd is nothing but a troll.  Sadly, he was considerably better as a high schooler than he is now.  For someone who covers sports for a living, he is seemingly much happier being a smartass and snuggling on Igy's nuts than actually discussing topics.  IMO, he brings next to nothing to any topic other than being a troll and trying to derail the discussion. 

The most egregious example this to me is the Phillies thread.  I'd love to talk more baseball, but wading through the much is just too much most of the time.  I just get tired of the schtick and tend to stay out of it.  I teach middle school for a living... I have no desire to keep seeing it on the boards.

If I were to vote for my own desire, I'd keep Igy and kick Todd to the curb,  It's the combination of the two that gets overbearing and detracts from the enjoyment of the board.  But to me it shouldn't be a Survivor-style vote off the island.  If GF thinks they're destroying his board (How many posters are actually left?), then he has the right to kick them (or any of us) off. 

Munson

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 05, 2013, 11:12:01 AM
I keep in touch with a few former regulars and they all say the same thing...Havas/MDS made the board unreadable.  And I get it up to a certain point as both definitely have their moments. But seriously, why people would leave because of 1 or 2 people is beyond me.  People post shtein all the time that annoys me or that I strongly disagree with and I'd say I respond to maybe half of it. It's really not that hard to just skip over a few posts. If I don't feel like getting involved, I just wait until the conversation shifts directions a little bit before jumping back in. No big deal. Gotta say I agree with IGY Smalls here....people catching feelings way too easily.
If it was only once in a while in one or two threads I think it wouldn't be that big of a deal...but there was a time period there like 2 or 3 years ago where it was happening in almost every thread, and would go on for 2-4 pages of them derailing a topic and turning it into a discussion about MA or white trash or how awesome black people are or me or reese or etc.

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 05, 2013, 11:36:34 AM
Honest opinion?

Igy is what Igy is going to be.  A contrarian and attention whore who loves sports and wants to talk about it.  Always tries to slant things his way, and has a hard time (whether for real or just as a part of his online persona) even considering anyone else's opinion, particularly is they disagree with his own.   Annoying at times, but livable as he at least will discuss the topics at hand.

Todd is nothing but a troll.  Sadly, he was considerably better as a high schooler than he is now.  For someone who covers sports for a living, he is seemingly much happier being a smartass and snuggling on Igy's nuts than actually discussing topics.  IMO, he brings next to nothing to any topic other than being a troll and trying to derail the discussion. 

The most egregious example this to me is the Phillies thread.  I'd love to talk more baseball, but wading through the much is just too much most of the time.  I just get tired of the schtick and tend to stay out of it.  I teach middle school for a living... I have no desire to keep seeing it on the boards.

If I were to vote for my own desire, I'd keep Igy and kick Todd to the curb,  It's the combination of the two that gets overbearing and detracts from the enjoyment of the board.  But to me it shouldn't be a Survivor-style vote off the island.  If GF thinks they're destroying his board (How many posters are actually left?), then he has the right to kick them (or any of us) off. 

Which is why I say just ban them from being able to see/read each others posts. IGY won't indulge the troll, and Todd won't have a reason to keep trying to post things that are basically caricatures of IGY in an attempt to bate him and others into a ridiculous discussion.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Quote from: Munson on January 05, 2013, 12:31:31 PMIGY won't divulge the troll

I think the word you are looking for is "indulge."  It's definitely not "divulge."

It must be awkward when you're teaching and you come across a high school kid who's already better educated than you.  Or do you even notice?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

:-D

I know the right word, I just didn't type it. Oops.

Thank you for indulging that information to me, Dio
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Like I said - anyone who leaves an Internet message board because they don't like someone is messed in the head.

I enjoy talking with both of these guys and actually everyone here...so grab your balls, gents, and hush it up.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 05, 2013, 01:12:48 PM
Like I said - anyone who leaves an Internet message board because they don't like someone is messed in the head.

I enjoy talking with both of these guys and actually everyone here...so grab your balls, gents, and hush it up.

Personally, I would think that someone who continued to stay on the board if they weren't enjoying it are more messed up in the head.

Sgt PSN

I could understand if someone like Shorebird stopped posting because he's often alone (or in the vast minority) with a lot of topics, so it's basically him vs the board. Otherwise, this place is no different than going to work every day.  Some of you people I enjoy talking to/with, some I try to avoid, and others who are just there as filler and my opinion of them can go either way depending on subject matter or the mood I'm in.