2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Looks like a cross of RAJ and Doug Pederson.

In other words, more than likely the Phils' next manager.

PhillyPhreak54

Haven't heard that name in years

No thanks, Klentak.

MDS

lol at having any opinion of him or any other random 40 year old candidate with zero experience

baseball managing is mostly about not being a fleshpop. then its about making the right late game moves. im sure this guy isnt a fleshpop. nobody has any idea if him or alex cora or anyone else is going to know when to pull nola and bring in neris, etc.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no one who looks like that has ever been a great manager and no one ever will
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Joe Torre looks like a cross between a circus fat lady and a silver back gorilla and he won 50 rings. 

PhillyPhreak54

Havas' look test weirdo thing always trips me out

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 12, 2017, 01:08:19 PM
Joe Torre looks like a cross between a circus fat lady and a silver back gorilla and he won 50 rings.

they are both old now but in their primes larussa looks like he'd wrap a horse head in your bed linens and torre looked like the guy who ordered him to do it

whatever that thing the Phillies are interviewing looked like he used to get his ass cheeks taped together every day after gym class

PhillyPhreak54

lolol that's pretty accurate on LaRussa and Torre

Mickey Callaway is a candidate

Surprised Brad Mills name hasn't come up. Hope it doesn't.

MDS

why would that fossil come up? they are hiring a young buck first timer. not challenging.

Rome

Managing a Major League team isn't easy.  Hiring someone with zero expertise as a manager would incredibly stupid, but not surprising. 

I still think Wathan is the pick. 

MDS

experience doesnt really have much to do with success when it comes to baseball managing

dave roberts seems to be doing well in LA...counsell in milwaukee....whats his face in houston....it goes on

ice grillin you

QuoteThe Phillies still have their sights on Buck Showalter (if Orioles owner Peter Angelos lets him out of the last year of his contract and receives compensation).

PhillyPhreak54

lil guys head will explode

He's anti sabr right?

ice grillin you

hes mike pence and sabr is a gay bakery