Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Seeing as I've beem screaming about that piece of shtein for the last eight years, I'll just say meh. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on October 17, 2018, 03:50:39 PM
looks like a toss up

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/fl/florida_senate_scott_vs_nelson-6246.html

is that story even going to land down there

It might in Miami.  Pretty much nowhere else.

He has a home in my city (Naples).  He falls right in line with the money worshippers down here.

I can't stand the sonofabitch Voldemort looking freak.  But he'll probably win because Nelson is past his prime and Florida is trending more conservative each year as more old rich white people retire.

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 17, 2018, 06:41:12 PM
looks like a toss up

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/fl/florida_senate_scott_vs_nelson-6246.html

He has a home in my city (Naples).  He falls right in line with the money worshippers down here.

I can't stand the sonofabitch Voldemort looking freak.  But he'll probably win because Nelson is past his prime and Florida is trending more conservative each year as more old rich white people retire.

unrelated, but I forgot you were in Naples...do you guys hit the Everglades a lot? We were there in August so it was oppressive and mostly empty, but we did a boat ride out of Everglades City to the ten thousand islands and back which was pretty cool. Some dolphins decided to play and jump in the wake.

Seeing all the gators in Big Cypress and on the other side of Everglades was great too. I'll eventually get some pictures in the photography thread.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I was out in the field today and met a woman who was even more of a fired up lunatic liberal than me.  Gave me a smidgen of hope, but the bottom line is we get the government we deserve.  We deserve Trump and Rick Scott and DeSantis.  Eff this state. 

MDS

for as many good candidates the dems are running they are still trotting out carcasses like nelson, manchin, the corrput menendez. schumer would still run the senate if its taken back.

rome wasnt built in a day but come on
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on October 17, 2018, 06:59:32 PM
looks like a toss up

unrelated, but I forgot you were in Naples...do you guys hit the Everglades a lot? We were there in August so it was oppressive and mostly empty, but we did a boat ride out of Everglades City to the ten thousand islands and back which was pretty cool. Some dolphins decided to play and jump in the wake.

Seeing all the gators in Big Cypress and on the other side of Everglades was great too. I'll eventually get some pictures in the photography thread.

Been there a few times.  If you go straight up FL-29 from Everglades City past I-75 and toward Immokalee, you pass within about 10-15 miles from my house. I'm Naples address, but way east of the city towards the Picayune Strand State Forrest.  Lots of Trumpettes out here, but a lot of Hispanic and Haitian families as well.

How did Everglades City look?  They took a beating during Hurricane Irma and there was a lot of flood damage.  Our church helped take some supplies down there, and people had to basically throw away their entire belongings because of the flooding.  Piles were everywhere.  Haven't been able to get down there recently.  Before Naples became the wealth center of the county, Everglades City was the seat of Collier County.  Today it's mainly a tourist, fishing and crabbing center.

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 17, 2018, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: Munson on October 17, 2018, 06:59:32 PM
looks like a toss up

Been there a few times.  If you go straight up FL-29 from Everglades City past I-75 and toward Immokalee, you pass within about 10-15 miles from my house. I'm Naples address, but way east of the city towards the Picayune Strand State Forrest.  Lots of Trumpettes out here, but a lot of Hispanic and Haitian families as well.

How did Everglades City look?  They took a beating during Hurricane Irma and there was a lot of flood damage.  Our church helped take some supplies down there, and people had to basically throw away their entire belongings because of the flooding.  Piles were everywhere.  Haven't been able to get down there recently.  Before Naples became the wealth center of the county, Everglades City was the seat of Collier County.  Today it's mainly a tourist, fishing and crabbing center.

There wasn't any apparent destruction still, but it looked like a town that wasn't really 'complete'. We chalked that up to it being the offseason there, but the hotel we stayed at definitely had been recently 'renovated', and it had the faint smell of a building that had been flooded at one point. The national park facilities themselves were being repaired or renovated as well. The Everglades City station was operating out of a trailer for the time being.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

Fascinating discssuion, but more quote boxes please, I'm having trouble following who said what.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on October 17, 2018, 09:11:57 PM
Fascinating discssuion, but more quote boxes please, I'm having trouble following who said what.

Sure!

Munson

General_Failure

Quote from: Munson on October 17, 2018, 09:43:19 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 17, 2018, 09:28:49 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on October 17, 2018, 09:11:57 PM

Ḯ̵̹t̴̮̿ ̸̰̚i̸͍͝s̴̢̆ ̸̏͜t̸̳̍o̶̫͠o̶͔͌ ̶̘͝l̴̺̇a̶̟̚t̵̥̎ḙ̷̅.̷͕̾

Ą̴̝̪̐̋̍̂̉͜͝ ̴̛̻̍̾ͅg̸͓̺̮̮͚̟̀͐̓̓r̴͚̳̥͍͑̏͐́ͅḙ̷͎̟̖͌̾̔̅̈́̍a̵̛͓t̵͖̼͓̗̾̊̈̏ ̶̛͍͍̩̘̜̠̈̀̔͐e̷̩̜̣̩͌́̍͜v̷͉̘̩̼͍̝̿ȉ̵̠͎̤͚̠͗̅l̷̛̘̅͑̋̆ ̷̮̤̩̩̒͛̿̏ͅh̷̭̳̜͔̠͌͝a̴̪̠̻͙̎s̵̼̗̈̀̇̐̌͜ ̶̧̗̹͖̦̥͛ą̵̭͚̙̱͖͋͑͑͐̚w̵͍̮͒̆̏͗ö̶͚̟͖͍́͛̅ͅk̶̯̄͒̒͜ė̶͙̪̬̙̌͊́̈͠ͅn̷̺͓̥̦̈̔.̶̢̼̦̳̰͖̏̊̿͐̌

Ŵ̶̞̞̫̫̥͙̐̔̈̀̀h̸̨̨͍̪̪̤͔̜̑̔̏̿̈̄͋͊̆͝͝i̶̯͎͍̰̙̦͙̪̠̺̣͌́͆͆̔̈͜͠c̸̘̋̾̓̿̐̆̒͌̉͐͑ḣ̸̲͖̆͊̈́̾̕ ̸̠͕̗̾͐̈́͆ͅi̴̡̨̧̛͎͔̥͇͚͕̦̪̎̓͛̓́̑̍͜s̶̤̟̖̰͎̺̳̆͊̒̒͊͛ ̴̙̏̋̈́̎͠w̸̠̹͍̮̫̹͐̎̓͂̉̉͒̓̾͂̐͜͝ͅh̵̪̹̮͕̯̋̉̑̃̐̔͜ͅȯ̷̦̯͍͖̒͋͊̓̈́̒̆͘͠ͅḻ̸̺̫͖̯̾̉͊̅̓̊̀̓̽̓̋l̶̛̥̳̹̹̣̇̓̄̎̅̅̔̎̈́͘̕ͅy̸͕̣̦̙̼̻̒͜ ̸̢̘̜̙͖̣͕̜̯̓̊͌̄̔ą̸̧̜̳̣͚̞̫̟̜̣̰͗̈́͊̓́̃̌͂́͝p̷̨̛̰̮̽͋͐̌̽̀̌p̴̢̺̠͉͎̩͖͂͑̒̕͝ͅr̴̡̮̼̜̬̳͌̓̈́͗͊̑͜ǫ̸̧̝̬̖͚̰̣̲͈̹̻͂̿̏͆̍p̷͖̠̯̫͆͒̀̉̽̌͠r̷̬̯̬̜̰͇̍î̸̲͇̗̙͎͇͓̈ä̵͕̙̻̹̤́̃͒͒̊͊t̶̪̰̠̂͋͂̏̓͗̕͝͝ë̵̢̨̬̠̞̼̜̖̰͙͇̯́̔͋̈́͘͠ ̶̨͎̮̝͓̗͎̠̟̘̅̋͒̏͆͛̇͒̃̀͜f̵͇̦̮̈́̔̎̎̈̀̄̃̊ơ̷̪̘̩͔̦̦̟̖͇̯͎̍̒̋̌͗̑r̵̨̮̪̣̺͍͎̜͖̣͆̋͑̈́͊͘͜͝ͅ ̸̧̩͙̐̏ẗ̶̛͖̼̘̙͎͕̦̤̦̮̖́̀͑̈́͒́͋͆h̷̜̪̎̒̉͌̚i̵̭̘̯̺̕ṧ̶̨̡̞̞̩̻̫̟̰͇̫͚ ̵̬̞̇͒̉́̽͜t̶̛̛̠̲̦̱̻̐͒̈́͐̌̌̐h̶̰̳̻̩̠͐̇̌̒̓̅̀͘͝ͅr̴͚̲͓͓͓̞̤͖̻̅͛̊́̏̈̎͋͠ȩ̶̢͉̝̗͂̀͐̏̈́͌̓̓͘͝a̶̤͇̼̮͂̐̀͋͋̊͒̒̈́d̴̜̖͚̙͇̫̞̒̾͐̑̔̅̓͠.̷̞͓̐̐̄̇

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Good news, guys! The butter emails are back in the news.

General_Failure

smeags

hey romey, your buddy frank is a tad misguided id say.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it