I'm in the market to buy a television & need assistance.

Started by Mad-Lad, November 29, 2005, 02:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: smeags on October 12, 2018, 04:10:12 PM
ive been looking at the 55in TCL, good picture ? got a 32 in for my lil last year that works perfectly.

my Samsung went but not because of crap manufacturing. somebody had a candle burning under it and fried it. no picture now. sound only.

It's as good if not better than the Samsung I spent 3x as much on.

The replacement soundbar they sent me doesn't work at all. It's going in the trash. farging Chinese.

SD

Spent a little extra and bought a JBL soundbar. Worth every cent.

Diomedes

I love me some Sony, always have. 

I don't know about paying basically  double the price for a Sony teevee though...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Our dryer stopped spinning. I tried taking it apart to see if there was anything I could see/do but I don't really know much about this stuff. Belt seems fine, don't really know how to test out the drum bearing but it seemed to spin fine on that when I had everything opened up. It miiiiight be the drum glides, they look worn, so I ordered some.

BUT, assuming it doesn't work, I'm gonna be in the market for a new dryer. GOnna shop online and have it no-contact shipped. Sticking with electric as gas isn't an option without getting work done that I'm not willing to get done right now. What are some good, hopefully energy efficient dryers out there?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

We just did washer and dryer shopping.

Originally we were going for a samsung set but eventually went with a GE set.

The samsung dryer we were looking at originally was $478 at Lowe's (model #dv40j3000ew). The GE one we ended up going with was $498 at Lowe's (model #gtd33easkww)

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2020, 10:06:09 AM

The samsung dryer we were looking at originally was $478 at Lowe's (model #dv40j3000ew). The GE one we ended up going with was $498 at Lowe's (model #gtd33easkww)

I think we got the same model.  10-year-old dryer kicked the bucket about two weeks ago, and our washer was already working at about 2/3 capacity.   Next step is our 20+ year old refrigerator.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 30, 2020, 10:25:00 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2020, 10:06:09 AM

I think we got the same model.  10-year-old dryer kicked the bucket about two weeks ago, and our washer was already working at about 2/3 capacity.   Next step is our 20+ year old refrigerator.

Some of those washer and dryer sets are expensive as hell! Fridges too.

We figured $1000ish for a set was fair for a mid range set. I was iffy about Samsung so that's why we went GE. Love their TVs but appliances not sure of

General_Failure

Weird, we just had to get a washer and dryer, too. Previous owner took all the appliances with him.

We went with the Maytag pair (MED6630HW for the dryer), which was more expensive but pretty nice. The only complaint I have about it is it wouldn't auto-sense my one blanket because it was too light, so it wouldn't run with it on its own.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Have the same dryer that was here when I moved in. The door wouldn't stay closed, spent $6 on parts off amazon, took me an hour to take it apart and replace the broken parts (YouTube instructions were useless in my situation).

SD

General_Failure

I've heard nothing but good things from the people who own them.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

My 55 inch TCL with Roku I've had for 4 years went black screen but still had some audio. Tried every YouTube hack I could to fix it but knew it was toast. Only spent around $300 on it so no big loss. Wanted to upgrade, ran to Walmart to see what they had. I just wanted to browse. Their employees are worthless 99% of the time but some nice older gentleman asked if he could be of assistance. This guy knew his tv's. Wound up with a new model 65 inch Samsung crystal UHD for $600. Picture is just as good as the oled TVs I've seen. Mounting was a bit of a pain because Samsung recommends spacers so the bolts they recommend are longer than needed. Bought a few guesstimate bolts and found the right size.  Set up was fairly easy. Only complaint is there's only 2 hdmi ports and I have a soundbar. I don't game much anymore but it'll be a pain to switch chords every time I want to play.

Rome

Was in the process of buying a new fridge at Best Buy and was told the minimum wait for it would be 3 months and more likely late September.  I asked if I would have to make payments on it, and was told yes, so I chuckled and said, let's go girls, we out.

Imagine the balls on these big box fargers asking people to pay for shtein for three months without having it.  Are people really that stupid to agree to that?

Anyway, went to a local store and bought one.  It'll be here Friday.  Free delivery, setup and they'll haul the old one away too. 

Munson

It's that time of year.

I think I'm ready to upgrade our living room TV to a bigger screen. Kind of lost on all the "new" HD technology though, crystal vs. OLED vs. UHD vs. QLED vs. etc.

Anyone out there able to simplify it for me? Also would love to find a big screen high quality picture TV that isn't also a smart TV. We've got a firestick and I have no interest in connecting my TV to the internet, but it seems that tech is in all of them these days.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds