Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Rome on May 28, 2018, 11:07:24 AM
Oh and the whole "Lando is pansexual" is exactly the sort of nonsense I'm talking about.  And the chick robot as freedom fighter?  Good god just shut up, already.

That was cringeworthy and not in line with his character. I forgot about it by the end of the film and thought they did a good job of scaling back on the SJW bullshtein. Their biggest issue going forward is they tried to reinvent the wheel with TLJ.

General_Failure

I don't think the problem was so much reinventing the wheel as it was purposely shteinting on everything in the previous movie out of spite to make sure they can continue to make movies instead of ending with a trilogy. The result is the same, and there continues to be one great Star Wars movie since 1983.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

They didn't just shtein on TFA (which I also didn't care for), they shtein on the franchise to push their future vision of SW. Luke tossing the "laser sword", the "let the past die" line, destroying Anakins/Luke's lightsaber, no more Jedi/Sith, the SJW bullshtein, new force powers. I could go on but what's the point. Disney somehow managed to nail Marvel from scratch but farg up the greatest movie franchise in history. It's going to take 9 to be a major flop for them to make a change.

General_Failure

The best Star Wars story ever told was Knights of the Old Republic 2, which also shtein on everything fans cling too hard to. Changed need to be made, but they know where they're going before they start making them.

SD

I hated KOTOR 2, part 1 I'd agree with

Eagles_Legendz

KOTOR2 was good until the last 20 minutes.

TLJ hate, which is significant, is confusing to me.  It's as good as Ep7.

Rome

Deadpool 2 was absolutely hilarious.  It dragged mildly for about 5 minutes in the middle, but other than that, it was fantastic. 

The end credits scene(s) were awesome too. 

A++

Rome

And Morena Baccarin is top five all-time hit-worthy.

General_Failure

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 28, 2018, 01:28:55 PM
KOTOR2 was good until the last 20 minutes.

TLJ hate, which is significant, is confusing to me.  It's as good as Ep7.

KOTOR 2 was rushed for a Christmas release, it isn't a complete game without the restored content mod. KOTOR 1 was literally what SD thinks is happening with the Star Wars movies now; pandering fluff and a bad story.

I don't hate TLJ, I just feel exhausted from watching it. It tried to do so much, but wound up doing so little, and some of it was pretty bad.

SD

KOTOR was brilliant storytelling. How did they pander to fans? It was set 500 years prior to the Skywalker timeline. The only thing I remember about 2 was the old witch with one hand.

General_Failure

Carth's everything, the line "Kiss me, you fool!" The Great Value versions of R2D2, Yoda, and the Millennium Falcon. The weird Russian catlady who was totally evil but then you made her not evil and was also a lesbian romance, if your definition of pandering is just about farging. You can add the robot-farger lady too, if so.

The old witch with one hand's whole thing in 2 was "Man, farg the Force. Billions of people die every few dozen years because these stupid space wizards go to war with these other space wizards, so I want to kill the Force so it doesn't happen again."

rjs246

Solo was fine. Definitely the worst of the non-prequel movies, but watchable and fun and set up what could be a fun sequel.

Also, I'm just gonna leave this here.
https://filmschoolrejects.com/star-wars-fandom-is-broken/
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Always try to catch up on the classics. Watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid on HBO. I'm hit or miss with older films but this was a definite hit.

Took the daughter to see the Incredibles two last week. If you liked the first one you'll enjoy the second.

General_Failure

Solo was better than I was expecting. Don Glover was definitely doing a Billie Dee Williams impression, but what can you do? Lando's a complete character already.