Phillies season 6

Started by MURP, July 18, 2005, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Just got back from the game. Went with 2 other Phils fans. There was a drunk Padres fan at the end of our row giving us shtein about TO. I started in on Kaeding, Gates holdout, and Ryan Leaf...that shut him up. Lot's of red in the crowd tonight. Again, PETCO Park blows  :boo It's very bland. Going again on Sunday, have to miss tomorrow nights game due to a fishing trip I've had planned.

Rome

Bland?  Wow.

It looks really nice on television.

Scratch one ballpark from the California itinerary, I guess.

:-\

PhillyGirl

5 behind Atlanta (could have been 4 had they won that last game vs the Dodgers) and still 2.5 behind Houston.

Love seeing Perez strike out swinging again on a bases loaded, 2 out situation, btw.  ::) :boom
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Someone should hit Perez in the face with a shaving cream pie laced with hydrochloric acid.

:evil

MDS

We might have the worst 3B situation out of any team in playoff contention. Bell sucks. Perez sucks. Martinez sucks. Can't we pick someone off of waivers? Why can't Ed Wade be like Walt Jockety and get someone like Larry Walker in the middle of august for a bag of balls and some hot dogs?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: T.O._81_RIP on August 13, 2005, 07:55:09 AM
Bland?  Wow.

I've been to every Ball Park in California, Pac Bell (Giants) is by far the best.

CSD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 13, 2005, 02:42:36 PM
Quote from: T.O._81_RIP on August 13, 2005, 07:55:09 AM
Bland?  Wow.

I've been to every Ball Park in California, Pac Bell (Giants) is by far the best.

Mmm...garlic fries. ;D

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

Braves won today.  Need a win vs Pistachio to keep pace....

Eagles_Legendz

Astros lost.  Clemens gave up one run, but got the L.  His ERA is 1.34.   :o

Great news though.  Better take advantage of Astacio, seeing as this is a big chance to move back to 1.5 games back of the WC.

Eagles_Legendz

Padilla is pitching very well again.  Hopefully he keeps this up through September.  Need some runs though.