Ex-Eagles In The NFL

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 03, 2017, 09:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

QuoteRENTON, Wash. -- In a surprising move, the Seattle Seahawks have terminated the contract of defensive end Marcus Smith, who was projected to fill a significant role as part of their pass-rush rotation this season.

Coach Pete Carroll said "some personal reasons" factored into Smith's release. He said earlier in the week that Smith's absence from practice was due to a family issue.

"Really, there was some personal reasons that came into it," Carroll said of Smith's release. "He's been a great kid in the program and all. All things considered -- this is as far as I'm going with it -- it was the right thing to do. He understood and agreed with it."

Carroll said Smith's health wasn't an issue. Asked if Smith had requested his release or if it was a mutual decision or the team's choice, Carroll paused and said: "We talked through the whole thing. I just kind of want to leave it alone because it's personal stuff and I'd just like to leave it there."

Don't know what's more surprising... that Smith was projected to be a significant player for the Seahawks this year, or that he got cut for some reason other than being horrible at football.

I knew the Seahawks are supposed to have a brutally bad roster, but I didn't know it had fallen to this level.

Eagaholic

Well now who is going to replace Michael Bennett's production?

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Mychal Kendricks busted for insider stock trading

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

First play he's made inside in years. 

smeags

General_Failure

Released by the Browns.

Also he's going to prison, I guess.

https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1034915680871763971

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Interesting how he gets cut while wife beaters and drug addicts get chance after chance. 

SD

Why would they pay him and hold a roster spot open if he's going to jail

Diomedes

you can shoot any stillupfront you want, slap up any bitch you want...

steal from rich people and the law is comin' for you
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: AO1 on August 30, 2018, 06:01:39 AM

Has he pled guilty yet?

smeags

Quote from: Rome on August 30, 2018, 11:35:20 AM
Quote from: AO1 on August 30, 2018, 06:01:39 AM

Has he pled guilty yet?

not yet, but he is expected to. he's already on record admitting he did it and will accept the court's decision.