The Booze Thread

Started by Sgt PSN, November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

This is something that's long over due around these parts.  List your favorite drinks and the recipe for them.  Or, if you don't know the recipe, maybe someone else does. 

I pretty much stick to Maker's and Coke or Crown and Coke and the occasional Vodka and Cranberry but here's some of the more popular drinks I've been serving up at work lately

Long Island Ice Tea

1 part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola

Mix ingredients together over ice in a glass. Pour into a shaker and give one brisk shake. Pour back into the glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top. Garnish with lemon.

Serve in:  Collins Glass

White Russian

2 oz vodka
1 oz coffee liqueur
light cream

Pour vodka and coffee liqueur over ice cubes in a rocks glass. Fill with light cream and serve.

Serve in:  Rocks glass

Apple Martini (Appletini)

1 part Absolut® vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Sour Apple Pucker schnapps
1 part apple juice

Poor all ingredients into a shaker. Shake well and strain into a Martini glass.

Serve in:  Cocktail Glass

Mountain Breeze

1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz gin
1/2 oz triple sec
1 oz cranberry juice
1/2 oz rum
1/2 oz tequila
1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
1/2 oz grapefruit juice

Build ingredients over ice in a hurricane glass, shake and garnish with a lime wedge.

Serve in:  Hurricane glass

Red Headed Slut:

1 oz peach schnapps
1 oz Jagermeister
Splash of cranberry juice

Serve in: Shot Glass

Irish Car Bomb

3/4 pint Guinness
1/2 shot Bailey's Irish cream
1/2 shot Jameson Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug away.  If you're too slow, the drink will curdle and will increasingly taste worse as you go.  So be quick about it.

Serve in:  Beer mug and shot glass

SD_Eagle5

I went to bartending school over the summer, which heightened my appreciatation for mixed drinks. Two of my favorites are already on your list (Irish Car Bomb, White Russian).

Mostly I'm a beer guy, but I'll also drink an occassional Morgan and or Dewar's with Coke.

Sgt PSN

Never been to school to get my degree in Mixology but I'm thinking about getting into a p/t class.  We'll see.  I started bartending about 6 months ago....just kind of dumbed myself into it.  But I've been having a pretty good time with it so far. 

President be damned, there's no more powerful position in the world than being the bartender.   ;D

SD_Eagle5

If you're already bartending than don't bother wasting your time with Bartending school, its a crock. I only did it because I had no prior experience (aside from a few months when I lived in SD), had the time to go, and figured it would be fun (which it was).
And if anyone's looking to get into bartending, unless you're: A) A chick with a nice rack B) Have a good 'in' in the industry C) Have prior experience with good references you can pretty much forget getting hired anywhere halfway decent.

Wingspan

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 10, 2006, 01:59:11 PM
Long Island Ice Tea

1 part vodka
1 part tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola

Mix ingredients together over ice in a glass. Pour into a shaker and give one brisk shake. Pour back into the glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top. Garnish with lemon.

does it come with a fortune cookie?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Yeti

Screaming Nazi

1 part Jagermeister 
1 part Rumpleminze

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on November 10, 2006, 02:14:28 PM
does it come with a fortune cookie?

No, but it damn well should. 

mussa

Bloody Marys'. I am going to have to bring some bloodies to get started sunday at tailgate.  Anyone else enjoy a good bloody?

If I get a mixed drink it's usually a cranberry vodka or sprite. Some others I like Long Island, Captain and Coke, Gin and Tonic, White Russian, Mojito's arn't bad on accasion. Red Bull and Vodka if your not planning on being hungover the nxt day. 

Scotch or whisky does me well also. 

Shots, I am all about Jaegermesiter. Soco and Lime, snakebite, tequila or the occasional shot of Yukon Jack straight will get you toasty quick.

MMM..Im getting thirsty just thinking about this...
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

The Irish Car Bomb is an abomination because it ruins a perfectly good Guinness...and a perfectly good Jameson...and a perfectly good Bailey's.

Tomahawk

El Nino
2 Parts Captain Morgan's Private Stock (Captain Morgan's is an acceptable substitute)
1 Part Bacardi Limon
1 Part Malibu (or Parrot Bay)
1 Part Midori (Melon schnapps is not an acceptable substitute)

Top off with orange juice or pineapple juice, shake well, and enjoy the tropical weatherstorm in your head.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 10, 2006, 03:10:30 PM
The Irish Car Bomb is an abomination because it ruins a perfectly good Guinness...and a perfectly good Jameson...and a perfectly good Bailey's.

:-D

mussa

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 10, 2006, 03:13:24 PM
El Nino
2 Parts Captain Morgan's Private Stock (Captain Morgan's is an acceptable substitute)
1 Part Bacardi Limon
1 Part Malibu (or Parrot Bay)
1 Part Midori (Melon schnapps is not an acceptable substitute)

Top off with orange juice or pineapple juice, shake well, and enjoy the tropical weatherstorm in your head.

That sounds pretty good  :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: mussa on November 10, 2006, 03:09:46 PM
Bloody Marys'. I am going to have to bring some bloodies to get started sunday at tailgate. Anyone else enjoy a good bloody?

There's about 20 different types of Bloody Marys out there.  The basic:

Bloody Mary:

1 Mary
1 Knife

Directions:  Stab Mary repeatedly with knife.  Viola.

Or.........

1 1/2 oz vodka
3 oz tomato juice
1 dash lemon juice
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2 - 3 drops tabasco sauce
1 lime wedge

Shake all ingredients (except for the lime wedge) with ice and strain into a rocks glass or collins glass over ice cubes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the wedge of lime and serve.

Serve in:  Rocks glass (small) or Collins glass (large).  Double the recipe for a Collins glass.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 10, 2006, 03:10:30 PM

Guinness and Jameson go together like penis and vagina.

PoopyfaceMcGee