Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The one bad thing about Sweden going out is no more hot Swedish chicks in the stands. 

Rome

This match has been even better.  Oh my god. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on July 07, 2018, 03:40:28 AM
You want to love it soooooo badly...don't you IGY Smalls?  :-D

not at all...haven't watched a second of it...but even if you love soccer I just don't get caring about who wins  between two random foreign countries much less thinking it's "awesome" that Belgium beat someone

is it just because in merica soccer doesn't exist so people need to over compensate and care about shtein they normally never would?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

I open this thread reflexively, but when I find you have been the only person to post, or are the only object of discussion, I get the strange sensation that I'm Rome, reading the Golf thread, and Dio has dropped in for a troll....
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

LOL.

I have France beating Belgium, although Belgium has been tough. I think the winner from this game ultimately becomes champion.

I'm happy Croatia made it. I hope they beat England even though I think England has a better chance to withstand France/Belgium in the final. Rebic has easily been one of my favorite players to watch this tournament...him and Mbappe from France.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

smeags

go England. I guess.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on July 08, 2018, 09:08:42 PM
I open this thread reflexively, but when I find you have been the only person to post, or are the only object of discussion, I get the strange sensation that I'm Rome, reading the Golf thread, and Dio has dropped in for a troll....

I get why someone would hate golf or like soccer

I dont get how many Americans get so invested in the results of other countries

Rome

Yes you do.  You're not stupid. 

ice grillin you

honestly I don't unless it's like I said before since America sucks at soccer you have no choice but to latch on to something else

I don't have second favorite teams in basketball or hockey why would you have one in soccer

I even get for fun picking a team for shteins and giggles at the begging of the World Cup...but so many dopey Americans cheer for random countries seemingly as much as I cheer for the Phillies or flyers

I don't think there's an explanation that could ever make me understand that

Rome

You've cheered against teams, right?  Same principle.  I watch the Kentucky Derby and I farging hate horses.  I watch because I enjoy the race and gambling on the outcome.

I'm cheering for Belgium because my favorite player plays for that team.  I'm cheering for England against Croatia because I have several players from Manchester United also playing on that team. 

It's not rocket science. 

ice grillin you

I guess if you are just rooting against teams...but I don't really get that either cause I couldn't hate another country's team that much to care...unless America was in it and you were rooting for teams to lose to give them a better path

but either way there's mad people I've seen in bars going crazy for random countries that they have zero connection to and they didn't bet on them...some of them are even wearing jerseys

hbionic

LOL at IGY trying soooo hard not to relate only because it's 'soccer'. LMAO.

Yes, IGY, you've never rooting against the following teams:

Dodgers
Rams
Buccaneers
Cowboys
Giants
taterskins
Mets
Braves
Nationals
Penguins
Celtics
Lakers
Bullets
(just to name a few)....because as soon as they're done playing your team...you all of a sudden reset and its like you've never liked or hated them ever.

Please keep trolling...you're doing a good job! :yay

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

someone has to tell me if havas likes soccer or not because hes being really vague about it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on July 09, 2018, 05:37:55 PM
LOL at IGY trying soooo hard not to relate only because it's 'soccer'. LMAO.

Yes, IGY, you've never rooting against the following teams:

Dodgers
Rams
Buccaneers
Cowboys
Giants
taterskins
Mets
Braves
Nationals
Penguins
Celtics
Lakers
Bullets
(just to name a few)....because as soon as they're done playing your team...you all of a sudden reset and its like you've never liked or hated them ever.

Please keep trolling...you're doing a good job! :yay

1. writing lmao in capitals doesnt mean i relate to soccer in even a little way

2. soccer is unwatchable trash but i get why people would like it...people also like big bang theory....stewed tomatoes and super heroes...thats not at issue here

3. i said
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 09, 2018, 05:22:43 PM
I guess if you are just rooting against teams
and nowhere did i say i dont get rooting against teams...i get the premise i dont really get it as it relates to the world cup and rooting for someone other than your country

4. i root against teams because they play in yearly leagues with my teams....play my teams head up on a yearly basis in meaningful games...or play games that affect the outcome of my teams season...none of these is the case with other countries soccer teams and certainly not in a world cup where america isnt playing

5. i love basketball but (assuming america wasnt in it which would never happen) could give a rats ass about cameroon in the olympics with joel embiid

6. i get liking and watching the world cup if you are a soccer guy...lots of people in baltimore get into the ncaa lacrosse tournament...but what i definitely do not get is someone in an american bar rocking a sweden jersey and cheering for them like i cheer for the flyers

not sure what there isnt to understand and i still have no explanation from anyone for number 6...except LMAO or troll...at least romey admitted he doesnt really like belgium he was rooting against their opponent...still very odd to me to feel so strongly about the result to say it was "so awesome" but i guess its less puzzling than rocking a belgium scarf and cheering for them

Rome

I never said I don't like Belgium.  I like the way they play.  It's exciting as hell and they're ridiculously talented.  I'm cheering for them specifically because my favorite player plays for them. 

Go Belgium.