Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

There isn't any real evidence. You can point to a rise in CO2 and a rise in global temps but that isn't necessarily a connection between the two. The planets temps are driven by the oceans, mainly the pacific.

do you believe in god....because theres infinitely more evidence of global warming than there is god...so if you believe in the almighty perhaps you could open up your eyes look deeper and give global warming a chance
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Diomedes

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 23, 2007, 02:04:48 PM
I'll say this much:
Regardless of your view on how much it will do for the future of Earth, conservation of resources is a good idea.

Point of fact, waste is immoral.  Or if morality doesn't make sense to you, it's deeply impractical.  In the U.S., waste is considered a status symbol and a right to those who can "afford" it, but the chickens are coming home to roost. 

Stop wasting!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Event Horizon

There are many arguments for the wisdom of conservation. That doesn't mean that scare tactics should be used to convince people that they can reverse a natural climate change by, in effect, lowering their standard of living.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Diomedes

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2007, 02:11:29 PM
There isn't any real evidence. You can point to a rise in CO2 and a rise in global temps but that isn't necessarily a connection between the two. The planets temps are driven by the oceans, mainly the pacific.

do you believe in god....because theres infinitely more evidence of global warming than there is god...so if you believe in the almighty perhaps you could open up your eyes look deeper and give global warming a chance

I don't think he's arguing that global warming doesn't exist. He's saying that there's no evidence that it's man made.

Susquehanna Birder

Diomedes

Sure, except for that red line at the end, representing the increase since the industrial revolution.

ice grillin you

I don't think he's arguing that global warming doesn't exist. He's saying that there's no evidence that it's man made.

either way my question remains the same
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Wingspan

i wonder who kept the temperature logs 300,000 years ago.

Of course, does any of the sources talk about the increase of volcanic activity caused by the techtonic plates constantly shifting, therefor creating more "escapes" for the CO2 emmissions as part of this? Or is 350,000 years of global warming solely caused by the old styrofoam big mac containers?

Add on top of that, that the earth is constantly expanding on it's own. And then periods of solar activity too, with an also slowly expanding sun. Both of these also cause the earth's orbit to change. Even the slightest change can cause what we would see as a big shift in temperature.

But forget all of that, let's blame it on aquanet and ford explorers.

I just did my part again, i finished a bottle of iced tea, and instead of throwing the bottle away, I ate it.

mmmm...crunchy glass
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

Quote from: Wingspan on January 23, 2007, 02:35:27 PM
i wonder who kept the temperature logs 300,000 years ago.

oxygen.  trapped in ice that was frozen then and is still (for the moment) frozen today.  they drill cores out of and analyze the trapped oxygen.

Event Horizon

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 23, 2007, 02:11:29 PM

I believe there is a God and I believe the planet is warming. That doesn't mean that made made CO2 is the main cause of the warming. Warm ocean water is causing the warming. The oceans warm because of factors way beyond human control. It makes no sense to reorder the lives of untold millions on the mistaken hunch, and that's all it is, that if we just consume less fossil fuel, the planet will reverse it warming trend. In reality, the forces causing the global warming are deep within the Earth's core. Sorry, this thing is above our pay grade.

rjs246

The planet is warming at an exponential rate, previously unseen in Earth's history, almost exactly in parallel with the industrialization of the human populace. But no, there isn't any real evidence.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.