Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Event Horizon

Quote from: rjs246 on January 23, 2007, 03:30:34 PM
The planet is warming at an exponential rate, previously unseen in Earth's history, almost exactly in parallel with the industrialization of the human populace. But no, there isn't any real evidence.

Parallels are interesting but they alone don't provide sufficient evidence of cause and effect. You need more. The recent drop in oil prices almost directly parallel the trade of Allen Iverson to the Nuggets. When he left town, the prices dropped. Maybe if we trade McNabb to the Broncos, the price of gas would be a dollar. Maybe not.

CO2 isn't causing warming. The Pacific ocean is causing warming. The Pacific ocean warming causes El Nino and El Nino is the main driving force behind the melting of the ice caps. Unless the Al Gore alarmists can figure out a way to cool the Pacific ocean, it's a waste of time and money.

rjs246

The Pacific Ocean just decided to start warming up on its own. Got it.

Feel free to re-bury your head in the sand.

By the way, I don't believe for a second that there's anything anyone can do about this. It isn't going to stop me from leaving my computer on at night, or buying an SUV if I ever have kids, or throwing lit cigarettes out the car window into piles of dry leaves on protected wildlife reserves. I'm just saying that everything points to this being the fault of humans. And none of your 'well all of that circumstantial evidence doesn't prove anything' nonsense is going to change that.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Jessica Alba's ass is hot.  The earth is heating up.  Coincidence? 

Diomedes

You won't change your habits at all?  Why not?  How hard is it to use less, be more conscious?

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

I told you. I think we're already farged. Besides, I'm far too self-centered to inconvenience myself in any way. That's why (I think) I'm a libertarian. Just leave me alone and let me do whatever the hell I want.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Event Horizon

Quote from: rjs246 on January 23, 2007, 03:59:59 PM
The Pacific Ocean just decided to start warming up on its own. Got it.

No. It's been heating for thousands of years. Most undersea volcanoes are located in the Pacific. The "ring of fire" is located in the Pacific. El Nino originates in the Pacific as a result. The Earth is moving back towards equilibrium which means an overall heating. Al and the gang could take us back to the stone age and nothing would change this fact.

Although, the Alba arse doesn't help matters. 

Diomedes

Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:22:53 PM
No. It's been heating for thousands of years. Most undersea volcanoes are located in the Pacific. The "ring of fire" is located in the Pacific. El Nino originates in the Pacific as a result. The Earth is moving back towards equilibrium which means an overall heating. Al and the gang could take us back to the stone age and nothing would change this fact.

This Science Moment brought to by a grant from ExxonMobil and the White House Project for Climate Change Awareness.

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on January 23, 2007, 04:24:54 PM
Quote from: Event Horizon on January 23, 2007, 04:22:53 PM

This "Science" Moment brought to by a grant from ExxonMobil and the White House Project for Climate Change Awareness.

I'm pretty sure the quotes would have driven your point home even more.

Diomedes

Probably so.  Luckily, no one's reading/thinking about what I type anyway.  I'm just amusing myself.

Sgt PSN

It would have gotten :-D :-D instead of just one. 

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 23, 2007, 04:02:16 PM
Jessica Alba's ass is hot.  The earth is heating up.  Coincidence? 

Al Gore invented Jessica Alba's ass.

Diomedes

Years ago I would have argued the substance (such as it is) of his post.  Nowadays, I'm trying to get a laugh.

PoopyfaceMcGee