TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 10, 2017, 03:28:33 PM
Quote from: hunt on January 10, 2017, 03:27:08 PM
oh, and the actor who plays holder was in the suicide squad movie.  :paranoid  and had a role on house of cards as well.
so he seems to be doing okay...mostly.

he was robocop
no shtein...i haven't seen the remake.  dook's career is blowin' up  :-D
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on January 10, 2017, 03:29:41 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on January 10, 2017, 03:15:16 PM
That show doesn't really have highs and lows IMHO. 3/5 stars every episode. Incredible setting, kinda by-the-numbers writing, main characters I don't care about at all who have a tendency to do stupid shtein.

I agree to a point, the american/resistance characters and Nazi joe are kind of meh, but obergruppenführer john smith & both inspector kido & nobusuke tagomi are great characters IMO.

Those are the three best characters (and I liked the "good Nazi" guy too), but instead the show tends to focus on emo Frank, stupid Juliana, and unlikable Joe. Emo Frank is probably the best of those three but at least Juliana is good to look at. Joe just sucks. Character wasn't well conceived, written, or acted.

The show makes me root for Hitler and the Japanese guys because they are more likable than the protagonists. You definitely goofed in the writing room when your heroes are less likable than Hitler.

smeags

overall I like the show quite a bit. again, the alternate history storyline being the big reason why.

still trying to figure how these "films" get made. I don't know if I missed something to explain them fully or if its something still to be told.  ???
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

netflix did a reboot of one day at a time, for some reason

norman lear the legend of teevee, some cuban woman and a jewish dude (who wrote men of a certain age, a very solid show from a few years back) put this together. its about a cuban family. rita moreno is the grandma and shes terrific and sort of kind of hot for 80? id watch her flick it in the least.

anyway if you like sitcoms this is pretty good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

They also did a reboot of Full House because I guess it's important for young people to understand the horrors of life in the late 80s/early 90s.

smeags

so then it's an educational show ...
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

It sure isn't a comedy.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 10, 2017, 11:20:38 PM
They also did a reboot of Full House because I guess it's important for young people to understand the horrors of life in the late 80s/early 90s.

yes and its unwatchable, but i think they were trying to make it as bad as the original was. at its core full house is a show for 7 year olds.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

CNN's series they ran on the individual decades was pretty good.

Especially for someone who likes history. I just finished the 80s one and it was interesting to see things I remember but never knew how it played when it happened. The one about the AIDS crisis was interesting. The second to last ep was about the music and during the second half they got into the hip hop. Pretty good.

SD

Gave up on the Man in the High Castle after 7 episodes.

Need a new show to binge watch. Thanks to relatives I have access to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon...and I also have HBO. Any recommendations?

Tomahawk

Either Netflix or Amazon Prime hosts a series called Untold History of the US by Oliver Stone. You should give that a go too, Phreak.

Tomahawk

Quote from: SD on January 12, 2017, 07:59:50 PM
Gave up on the Man in the High Castle after 7 episodes.

Need a new show to binge watch. Thanks to relatives I have access to Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon...and I also have HBO. Any recommendations?

Luke Cage

Sgt PSN

Ever heard of The Wire?  It's an obscure show that no one has ever talked about. Ever.  A few bitches get slapped around and no windmills. You'll love it.

SD

Isn't that the show with dragons and midgets?

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it also has spaceships.