Official @ Dallas Tailgating Thread

Started by DH, August 23, 2008, 09:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dis12

Observations:
    • Texas Stadium is a fargin dump!   Even the Vet was nicer.
    • ay carumba...the Hispanic Cowpukes fans are fargin obnoxious drunks!..except the once guy who gave us free Coors.
    • the TX steak sandwich I ate was fargin awful...gave me the shteins.
    • southern hospitality does exist...even in Texas.
    • beer n booze is cheaper in NJ.
    • drunk good ol country boys are fargin funny fargs, rednecks are not.
    • Delta Airlines pisses me off.
    • Eagles fans represent!

• DalASS SUCKS!!!

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteTim MacMahon's In the Know

Rowdy Philly fans don't get many takers

01:32 AM CDT on Tuesday, September 16, 2008

IRVING – The group of 10 or so Eagles fans set up their tailgating scene smack dab in the middle of the Texas Stadium parking lot, loudly and obnoxiously trying to bait Cowboys fans into some good, old-fashioned, mean-spirited debate a couple hours before kickoff.

"They ain't fans," Tom Simms said in a disgusted tone. "You would not have a Cowboys gathering like this – having good fun – if we were in Philly. If this were Philly, you'd have all kinds of projectiles coming in here – hot dogs, beer, whatever."

Added Randall Moye: "I could see the parking lot being like this if they were playing the Lions or somebody. But it's the Eagles!"

In the 20 minutes or so that I hung out with this group of Philly fans, they only had two Cowboys fans engage them. They quickly dismissed one dude who was wearing a white No. 21 Cowboys jersey, calling him, "Crackman." Another Cowboys fan got rattled when an Eagles lover kept using a megaphone to help make his points despite standing only a foot away.

The thousands of other Cowboys fans seemed more interesting in sipping wine and eating cheese than putting the Philly invaders in their place.

Oh, well. Michael Wright, the man with the megaphone, says Cowboys fans are terrible trash talkers anyway. All they ever do is mention the five Super Bowl championships – which happens to be five more than the Eagles have – but has nothing to do with the 2008 teams.

"It's like Al Bundy talking about those four touchdowns at Polk High," Wright said, making a reference to the classic sitcom Married With Children. "And most of the time they only hold up four fingers when they say it."

With that, Wright and Co. broke into an "E-A-G-L-E-S!" chant without being challenged by any of their parking lot neighbors.

Written by a Dallas writer...

I'm disturbed that an Eagles fan is taking an Mayoresque approach to tailgating with a megaphone.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons