Official @ Dallas Tailgating Thread

Started by DH, August 23, 2008, 09:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DH

Dis12, Phreak, Phreaks boy and me are heading down to Dallas for Week 2...anyone else in?

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyPhreak54

dis12

from ESPN:  kinda disappointing...no boxing gloves for this roadtrip  :'(

QuoteCowboys fans aren't nearly as rabid as Eagles and Steelers fans, but the Cowboys have more of a worldwide audience. If you stay in the team hotel, you'll see something pretty remarkable. No matter where the Cowboys show up (even Appleton, Wis.), there are at least 30 fans waiting for them in the lobby. Texas Stadium is iconic because of the hole in the roof, but now it's simply a dump. This isn't a fan base that feels a great deal of hatred for certain teams or players. In fact, I think Texas Stadium is one of the safest places in the league to wear an opposing jersey. The most hated player from an opposing team is now lining up at wide receiver for the Cowboys.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PhillyPhreak54

So I get called into the bosses office today; there's a conference call going on and I'm told that I am headed to Austin for three days starting next Monday the 15th. Fly out of Houston and arrive in Austin around noon.

farging beautiful.

Right after I booked my free flight on Continental last night w/ One Pass miles for my ticket on Monday the 15th to fly up for the game. So I had to scratch and claw with them to get my miles back. Thankfully I had a really sympathetic agent who released the seat back into circulation.

But the matter at hand, the game...GODDAMMIT!

Why does this have to be on a Monday night? And why do I get the shaft?

My boss tried to get them to let me fly in on Tuesday after the game from DFW...no luck. The VP is the one who ordered it and would not budge.  >:(

PoopyfaceMcGee

A good way to advance your career is to ask your boss to change your travel plans so that you can go to a football game.

PhillyPhreak54

Well, I've known my boss for years and I'm friends with his son who was supposed to go to the game with me. So I wouldnt have done it unless I knew him. And the VP had no idea about the request to change due to a football game.

dis12

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 03, 2008, 09:19:38 PM
A good way to advance your career is to ask your boss to change your travel plans so that you can go to a football game.
unless this Austin trip is gonna make you a millionaire, farg the boss, go to the game..it's only a 3hr drive!  BE A MAN!
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Geowhizzer

Phreak,

If you were a real Eagles fan you'd quit and go to the game.  :D

PhillyPhreak54

Considered it briefly.

Then realized I'd be a jobless loser like MDS.

MDS

i have 3 jobs hillbilly. none of them really pay well but oh man just farted yea farg you trailer park boy
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

MDS

im old and playing 2 hours of pick up basketball is painful
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

DH

Is one of the jobs covering the eye of Hurrica Hannah? Because if not, get on it ASAP - I could use a good first hand account of the storm.

Either that or a dead MDS.