***THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT***

Started by PhillyGirl, August 19, 2004, 08:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

I know you've all been waiting to hear the big news (other than the site/board changeover) and here it is:

ConcreteField is proud to announce that Philadelphia Eagles WR Freddie Mitchell will be joining our site and holding Q&A sessions in his own forum, aptly named: "Ask Freddie Mitchell".

This forum will be opened for random times during the day and locked at others. It will be heavily moderated. Freddie will answer your questions a couple of times a week, starting this preseason and all throughout the year. The format is similar to the Q&A section on the Terrell Owens forum.

There are extremely strict rules for this forum and if they are not properly adhered to, you risk being banned from ConcreteField permanently. This is a great opportunity for us all and no one wants it to be wasted due to a few bad apples.

The rules are as follows:

1. Questions will be only about football. Whether its high school, college or his pro days, that's it. No personal questions, no saying things like, "_____ sucks, don't you think Freddie?"

2. Freddie is taking his time out of his day to answer our questions. Show him the same respect he is showing us.

3. Have fun and enjoy! :)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

wait...that's not the announcement i heard....  :-\  8)  8)  8)

WELCOME FREDDIE! ;D

shorebird

Allllllllllllright!! Thats really something else!! I guess if he's willing to come here and answer questions he must have visited the old board, correct?

TexasEagle

Spiffy. That should be fun. The Q&A's are random? So does that mean he'll just pop in whenever or will there be announcements like a day or so before the actual chats?

PhillyGirl

He will be popping in when he can. When he is on the road, he might be just checking in with me via phone to relay answers to me.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

RomeyRome

:cfhead :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead :cfhead

Do we atleast get to call him Hollywood? :D

This is the greatest news on CF since, well nevermind on the since part. ;)

Or as some would put it in response to PG:

Best. Post. Ever.

NGM

This is the best thing that has ever happened in my life.   :'( <--- Tear of joy
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

You can call him Hollywood...LOL

PhillyPhreak54

Welcome, Freddie. ;D

When will we get to ask him questions?

shorebird

This is great, it should be interesting since Freddie didn't get the nickname 'Hollywood' for his shy personality.

StevieLeftCollege

That is really cool.  I like the rules implemented in case word gets around and abuse the forum.

Thank you!

TexasEagle

So can we post questions while he's not on that section of the board? Like will there be a portion where questions can be submitted for him to look at & answer whenever he gets the time since he's not scheduled for "regular" appearances?

NGM

I wonder if changing my sig to "You got faith, we got 5" would be corny...
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyGirl

NB, his PMs will be turned off.

TexasEagle, the forum will be unlocked at random times during the day. When the forum is open by one of us, questions can be posted. It will be locked when the moderator is not around to moderate.

Father Demon

Awesome news!  This is really a quality move, and a tremendous show of respect for the fans by Freddie.  I certainly appreciate the fact that he is willing to take time out of his life to help keep us entertained and informed!!

Welcome Freddie!!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.