Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

Phils down 4-1 against the butt Pirates.  :boo

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Tejeda was not on his game tonight at all. His location was terrible...especially to Wells on that HR.

I hope he's not hitting that "rookie wall" where the amount of innings he's pitching are catching up to him.

Kip Wells is garbage, just like Odalis Perez. But like Perez the Phils continue to make Wells look like an All-Star.

Come on offense...only one HR in the last 6 games. Let's have a comeback tonight...

Rome

Looking good tonight, huh suckers?

:-D

Rome

BTW: Urbina has had four save opportunities since coming to the Phils and he's blown all four.

Look at the record, Jay.  You posted it.

July 3rd: Blown Save

July 28th: Blown Save

August 13th: Blown Save

August 18th: Blown Save

Yes, he's won two of the games that he blew the save in but only because of late rallies by the Phils.

He's hardly been a clinch pitcher, dude.  In fact, he's been a clinch to farg it up.

PhillyPhreak54

Whatever, man...like I said..look at his numbers minus those first few weeks here. The guy has been pitching well. How can you dispute the numbers? In July and August he has been a shut down pitcher. So what he gave the game up the other night? I don't ecpect anyone to be perfect.

Fine me a better 1/2 punch as a setup/closer in the NL or maybe even in the entire ML's.

But I guess you'd rather have Tim Worrell or Turk Wendell back, eh? :P

Sgt PSN

I think Worrell pitched a 1-2-3 inning the other day against the Cards.  He's awesome.  :paranoid

Dillen

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 20, 2005, 03:15:32 AM
Fine me a better 1/2 punch as a setup/closer in the NL or maybe even in the entire ML's.
Wheeler and Lidge...

BigEd76

Dillen

Ok better then or tied with Urbina and Wagner

Astros- Wheeler, Lidge
Angels- Shields, Rodriguez
Nationals- Ayala, Cordero

Those are pretty much it. I think all of them are tied though.

BigEd76

Braves lose 7-2 in extra innings.  Phils can gain a game on Atlanta tonight...  :yay

Meanwhile, WSH/NYM tonight is Livan vs Pedro  :o

BigEd76

Geary was sent down to Scranton for a whole 2 days....  :-D

PhillyPhreak54

I think he has to stay down there for 10, Ed. But they brought up that Aquilino Lopez dude who they claimed on waivers from the Rockies after he struck out a ton of Phils.

They better win tonight.

By the way - Scott Spiezio was cut today from the Mariners. He's sucked ass this year (.064) but he was a very good 1B/3B when in Anaheim. I'd like to see him given a looksie for a bench guy.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 20, 2005, 05:14:35 PM
Braves lose 7-2 in extra innings.  Phils can gain a game on Atlanta tonight...  :yay

Meanwhile, WSH/NYM tonight is Livan vs Pedro  :o

Mets got 5 off of Livan so far...

Phils losing 1-0

Come on, offense. Let's fargin go!