Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 18, 2005, 09:44:07 AM
As for the Eagles chants, I love them.  If you want the fans to stop chanting E-A-G-L-E-S and start chanting P-H-I-L-L-I-E-S, start winning, motherfargers.

I think the point is, they ARE winning and they still get the Eagles chants. I used to think it was funny, until they were done constantly through games that the Phillies were kicking ass in. Its become obnoxious.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 18, 2005, 09:29:27 AM

"We love it," Wagner said. "If T.O. wants to take all the pressure off our division race, go right ahead

lol, I dont think Wagner knows what he is talking about. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, but its not exactly like he is simply walking into the clubhouse and seeking out a reporter and unloading on the fans. He is asked and he answers. He is a guy who doesn't mince words.

And I'm being straight up honest, but there are some dumbass Phils fans down there. I listen to them on the radio all the time. And next time you're in town...go stand by the bullpen and listen to what Phils fans say to the players (Phils pitchers). I'm fine with blasting the opponents. But some of those dopes are going after Phillies players too and they say dumb shtein.

One guy was bragging that he got kicked out of the diamond club seats for trying to get Utley and Abreu to talk back to him or come after him.

There's some dumbshteins down there, bro. And maybe Billy is basing his thoughts on the majority of the garbage that the fans say to him and othes in the Phils BP.

He's like TO...he's awesome and he says alot of stuff. I just take it with a grain of salt. I don't care what Billy says as long as he is lights out. And he has playoff experience, like Lofton, and they're going to need that veteran guidance if they want to get somewhere.

PhillyGirl

I love that Wagner is outspoken, even if he's ripping the fans. Its a breath of fresh air on a team that was full of Scott Rolen-bots until Wags came to town (not including Pratt, Rollins and Michaels).
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

thrillhouse

I'm not a Phils fan, but I dont mind seeing them win.

That said, with them being tied for the lead, what do you guys think are their chances of taking the wild card?  Who is going to challenge them for it?  Will there be meaningful baseball is philly at the end of september?

Sgt PSN

The only meaningful baseball in Philly at the end of September is usually being played by the visiting team. 

PhillyGirl

Just an FYI regarding today's DH:

QuotePhiladelphia, which has swept nine of its last 13 doubleheaders, can move into sole possession of the wild card lead Thursday, when it plays a doubleheader created by Tuesday's rainout.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 18, 2005, 12:14:59 PM
Just an FYI regarding today's DH:

QuotePhiladelphia, which has swept nine of its last 13 doubleheaders, can move into sole possession of the wild card lead Thursday, when it plays a doubleheader created by Tuesday's rainout.

I know I've made comments about the Phillies blowing it over the last few weeks and all of those comments were made half seriously and half jokingly.  But this is their time to shine.  They're tied for the WC lead and can take sole possession of it while fending off a division rival at the same time.  In recent years this is the time when the Phils have choked.  If this team has indeed turned a corner and is a  legitimate contender then they'll show it tonight.  Tonight is the night where they show their true colors. 

PhillyGirl

Phils up 2-1 in the top of the 4th.

Both pitchers are real high on the pitch count. Both in the upper 60s through 3.

I'm sure when we have to go to the BP early, the morning clowns will be all over Manuel again for pulling Leiber last night.  ::)

BigEd76

NGM

Another gem from Padilla.  He got the support he needed this time, though it was only two runs.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

1/2 game up.  Playoffs, here we come...  :-D

MURP

yes! World series is in site!!!!!1

Sgt PSN

Quote from: NGM on August 18, 2005, 04:26:14 PM
Another gem from Padilla. He got the support he needed this time, though it was only two runs.

Hey, that's twice as much as he got last week in San Diego.  :D  :-\

MDS

Head-scratcher by Manuel to use Madson, Urbina and Wagner in the day game. Yes they won, but I would've saved one of Urbina or Wagner for the nightcap. However, this is the stretch run and both didn't throw many pitches in the day game. Suck it up and go out there. Jose Mesa did it (against Oakland, in a regular DH, in june  :paranoid ).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.