Phillies season 7

Started by MURP, August 14, 2005, 12:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

PhillyPhreak54

Nice win tonight...they're back to 1.5 behind the Astros in the WC chase...

My boy Crazy Vicente is still dealing. He has been for about 7 starts now. Its too damn bad he keeps getting shafted by the offense not scoring for him, but he was on tonight. 97 with crazy movement and got out of a jam in the 6th.

They go for the sweeeeep tomorrow.

MDS

Cy Astacio tonight. Of all people, David Bell got the (what we thought) big hit. But that meaningless leadoff hit from Abreu in the 9th, since he can't do anything in the clutch, sure helped things.

Chan Blow Park goes tommorrow. Lets hope he doesn't dominate us like Astacio did.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Just an FYI:

Since the All-Star break, Padilla's ERA is 2.23  :evil

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

I was following the game online last night and it definately seems like Padilla is finally back to form.  Possibly pitching the best he ever has.  He got into a few jams last night (Bell :boom ) but managed to pitch his way out of them.  It would have been nice for the offense to give him more than just one run but I'm more pissed about Urbina blowing the save than I am for the offense not putting 6 runs on the board.  At least Ryan Howard came through with yet another clutch hit. 

Rome

Bell made a sensational play in the ninth to end the game.

Just sayin'...   :paranoid

Also - the ninth inning rally against Trevor Hoffman was one of the weirdest innings of baseball I've ever seen.

BigEd76

Braves won 13-8
Marlins won 4-1
Astros losing 8-0 in the 9th and about to lose 2 of 3 at home to Pissburgh...  :yay
Nationals lead 2-0, looking for a sweep in Colorado

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 14, 2005, 04:21:51 PM
Astros losing 8-0 in the 9th and about to lose 2 of 3 at home to Pissburgh...  :yay

With the score as it is right now for the Phils...they'll only be 1/2 a game out of the WC at the end of the day.  :o :paranoid
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

10 straight wins vs. the Pads. Thank you Phils  :)

BigEd76

Looks like a whole section of the upper deck was reserved for the Marines today...

Latest wildcard standings:

Astros = 63-54 (3 vs CHC, 4 vs MIL)
Phillies = 63-55 (4 vs WSH, 3 vs PIT)
Nationals = 62-55 (4 at PHI, 3 at NYM)
Marlins = 61-56 (3 vs SD, 4 vs LAD)
Mets = 59-58 (3 vs PIT, 3 vs WSH)

Braves = 68-50 (3 vs LAD, 3 vs SD)

The Phils will miss John Patterson and Zach Duke this week...  :yay

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 14, 2005, 07:29:14 PM
Mets = 59-58 (3 vs PIT, 3 vs WSH)

What's sad is they'd be in 1st in the NL West

Sgt PSN

There are 10 teams in MLB excluding division leaders who could be leading the NL West right now. 

PhillyGirl

Rome