the random musings not worthy of new thread thread

Started by ice grillin you, March 28, 2006, 02:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

MDS

Quote from: MDS on January 11, 2024, 12:53:21 PMyour boy got laid off today

capitalism comes for us all

any ditch digging opportunities out there for me?

update: im doing marketing for a law firm

i was thisclose to doing the same type of thing, but for a sports apparel company called boathouse. they mainly do non revenue colleges, make some of their own shtein and do custom stuff for pro teams and whoever. the ceo said they made andy reid's SB jacket. it would've been really cool and im not quite over not getting it, i feel like a jilted lover

i did 2 interviews, came into the meet the ceo. they said they would let me know. they never let me know. i followed up 3 different times and nobody ever responded. i know i suck, but to the extent of being ghosted like this? anyway never buy from them, they can die

the market is absolute shtein, hold on tight to what you got
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

looool that's funny

Glad you found something, Todd. You could've always been Uncle John Middleton's cabana boy.

But yeah the job market seems to be shtein. My girls company is doing big lay offs and in a zesty disjointed fashion. She's survived the first two rounds thankfully but it's not good. "Do more with less" is the name of the game. And oh yeah an OT freeze too.

But I'd like to hire folks and finding the right ones is hard.

General_Failure

I've heard that we recently fired one of our clerks for selling coke to customers. What's this world coming to when you can't even have a side gig without someone losing their mind?

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

if i were a zesty right field who swung at everything hed give me 100 mil

theres no shortage of menial jobs if you want to earn $15 an hour, anything decent and anything remote there's 100+ applicants. its absolutely cutthroat. the stuff i was closest one was all in office, which at least dilutes the field a bit.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

This is why college applications are lower than ever and trade schools are flourishing.  Learn to work with your hands and you'll always have a job
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

4.8 earthquake...house and windows shook for about 15 seconds.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SunMo on April 05, 2024, 11:12:40 AMThis is why college applications are lower than ever and trade schools are flourishing.  Learn to work with your hands and you'll always have a job

True.

Now if we could just get employers to chill on the "must have xxx degree and 5yrs experience" for openings that would not even normally require a degree or it is for something not even remotely in the field.

Like how do you get experience if no one will hire you?

Diomedes

You lie that you have it, with a shtein eating grin.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

everyone lies about everything

i said i managed 4/5 people and was a finalist for a job before taking the other one. they wanted someone with that experience, so i gave them someone with that experience