Arrested in 2018

Started by SD, February 11, 2018, 10:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

QuoteGreen Bay Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis was arrested Sunday and charged with making "criminal threats" after joking about a bomb at the Los Angeles International Airport, according to LAX police.

Public information officer Rob Pedregon told ESPN on Monday that Davis was taken into custody and released on his own recognizance pending a May 3 court appearance.

"Yesterday, Trevor Davis checked in at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and was asked the usual questions about whether he was carrying any aerosol cans, knives, weapons or explosives," Pedregon said. "Davis turned to his female companion and asked if she remembered to pack the explosives. He was then taken into custody and booked."

Yeah let's waste law enforcement and criminal justice resources on prosecuting people who make statements that are obviously jokes. If the airport cops are this desperate to get their numbers up, maybe there should be fewer airport cops.

General_Failure

On the other hand, I think everyone should be arrested for making people in the service industry listen to the same tired jokes for the millionth time.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Tomahawk

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 09, 2018, 03:37:02 PM
QuoteGreen Bay Packers wide receiver Trevor Davis was arrested Sunday and charged with making "criminal threats" after joking about a bomb at the Los Angeles International Airport, according to LAX police.

Public information officer Rob Pedregon told ESPN on Monday that Davis was taken into custody and released on his own recognizance pending a May 3 court appearance.

"Yesterday, Trevor Davis checked in at the Hawaiian Airlines ticket counter and was asked the usual questions about whether he was carrying any aerosol cans, knives, weapons or explosives," Pedregon said. "Davis turned to his female companion and asked if she remembered to pack the explosives. He was then taken into custody and booked."

Yeah let's waste law enforcement and criminal justice resources on prosecuting people who make statements that are obviously jokes. If the airport cops are this desperate to get their numbers up, maybe there should be fewer airport cops.

It's been like that as long as I can remember...even before 9/11. Don't scream fire in a movie theater and don't joke about bombs at the airport

Diomedes

Oh no doubt.  Needs to be taken seriously.

But an arrest might be a little much.  Circumstances matter and I wasn't there.

Perhaps they could have had invited to him step into a private room and given him a ration of shtein without making an arrest or a scene, though?

I don't know, wasn't there. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

I guess the joke bombed?

Don Ho

Basically, just don't farg with Hawaiians
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Diomedes

If it was comedy, he was not killing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

The number of guys I know who've been wrongly accused of hitting a women is staggering. Especially when it comes to child custody, women try to get a leg up. Man is guilty as soon as he is accused. This is becoming an epidemic.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23532216/san-francisco-49ers-reuben-foster-accuser-says-lied-alleged-domestic-violence-incident

ice grillin you

definitely the biggest threat to society that we have right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 20, 2018, 12:39:18 PM
definitely the biggest threat to society that we have right now

Guns
Opioids
Bitches

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on May 20, 2018, 11:49:35 AM
The number of guys I know who've been wrongly accused of hitting a women is staggering.

It bears pointing out that you report from a strange sample because you hang out with dirtbags who "plow bitches" and knowingly carry on affairs with cheating women.  I've never in my life had a friend accused--rightly or wrongly--of woman beating.  The common denominator...I hang with honorable people who treat women like human beings.  A guy did hit my sister once, but he was the kind of douchebag who "plows" girls so none of us were surprised.

This epidemic you whine about exists in your head alone, much like Some Very Fine People who complain about white men being persecuted. 

SD

You sound honorable and respectful of women here...you farging hypocrite

Quote from: Diomedes on June 10, 2007, 10:44:40 PM
What the hell is wrong with these people?  They have vaginas so they're crazy? Every farging one of them?  Jesus Christ, it's a goddamned nightmare.  Really it is.

MDS

sd has the receipts

he also has some very bad opinons
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

Yeah yeah, I said some ignorant shtein a couple times when I had arguments with my fiance while she planned our wedding.  You got me. 

Pro-Parenting Tip:  Keep your daughter away from the guys you hang out with.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on May 20, 2018, 08:59:39 PM
Pro-Parenting Tip:  Keep your daughter away from the guys you hang out with.

lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous