Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

My Dog was shaking, drooling and lethargic yesterday. Couldn't pinpoint what was wrong with him. Figured I'd give it a day and monitor him. Last night around 3 am I wake up and he's shaking real bad and drooling (he's not a drooler). So I took him to a 24 hour petcare center. When we got there he was back to his normal self, the Vet said dogs usually do that because their adrenaline gets going. They did a thorough check and couldn't find anything wrong with him. Gave him a shot for nausea and some pain meds. Hes not a morning dog so he's still just lying around but the drooling and shaking stopped.

hbionic

I'm pretty sure he's still reacting to the Eagles's win.

Hell, I'm still drooling and shaking.

Glad to hear he's ok.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Quote from: hbionic on February 11, 2018, 10:14:32 PM
I'm pretty sure he's still reacting to the Eagles's win.

Hell, I'm still drooling and shaking.

Glad to hear he's ok.

My Grandmom said the same thing tonight. He's not 100% but he's somewhat back to normal

hbionic

Guess what? I'm your grandma. SURPRISE!! Mind blown!

Just kidding. I'm not really her.

Or am I?

My friend's dog recently passed. It was a small dog. She was about 10 years old (her breed lasts from 11-14 years). She was normal, and my friend gets home from work and finds throw up all over the place. She normalizes, and goes to sleep with him. He wakes up in the middle of the night and throw up all over the place again. He tells himself he's going to take the dog in to the vet at 7am...so he puts her in the garage. When he wakes up, she was already go. He did note shortness of breath.

Anyway, keep an eye on your pal, they get delicate like kids. Keep us posted.

Tomahawk

When my dog dies, I'm going to get thinking of getting her head taxidermied and mount mounting it as a hood ornament for the Riviera

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Tomahawk

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

He must have been really bad at the sex if the bitch was pissed enough to go file a report for abuse

hbionic

I got the impression it wasn't a bitch. I was picturing a puppy...a boy. And the lawyer blowing him.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Dog was lethargic and throwing up this week. Took him to the vet for a check up Wednesday they tell me he's fine. We're on a hike yesterday and he just stops and lays down. We sat for about 30 minutes, gave him some water, he'd get up but couldn't walk much. So I carried him a half mile to my vehicle. Take him to the ER and they tell me he has a tumor on his heart and he's got max 2 weeks to live. The doc said he can drain the built up fluid from his chest which will make him feel better but it's just a matter of time before it comes back and he dies. I told him to drain it so I could at least take him home and let my daughter who can't see him because she has covid say her goodbyes. They drained 90% of the fluid and told me to come get him. I waited forever so knew something was wrong. Doc calls and says the fluid came back already he's lethargic, is suffering and going to die. So I had no choice but to put him down. He was by far the nicest, smartest, best dog I've ever had. He was my best friend and this farging blows.

Love them everyday because when something like this happens you'll be thankful you did.

General_Failure

That sucks, sorry to hear it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn man - that sucks. Sorry you had to do that.