The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

The big winner in all of this?  Brian Startare

j/k you humorless Fs

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on January 16, 2013, 02:42:25 PM
So is there where they reach for Geno to run this offense?

geno smith is not an option qb...he doesnt have great speed and is not a great runner at all...if hes successful in the nfl its going to be throwing from the pocket and learning how to read defenses and blitzes

think culpepper or aaron brooks when you think geno...not vick...kaepernick....or rgIII
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

McLane says Chip will probably switch the D to 3-4

and Lovie is out for DC consideration.  He's gonna sit on his ass this year and try for a HC spot again next year

PhillyPhanInDC

Didn't Alex Smith run the spread option in college?  :paranoid
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 16, 2013, 02:49:08 PM
geno smith has 117 rushing yards in the past two years.  he's not a running qb

those numbers are misleading in that he didnt have to run in college....he will be a running qb in the nfl like donovan was a running qb but to think he can run an option offense is a huge stretch

PhillyPhanInDC

http://tinyurl.com/aqhcorv
But a league source told CSNPhilly.com's Geoff Mosher that the Eagles and Kelly maintained contact in the coming days and that talks between the two sides "heated up" in the 24 to 36 hours preceding Wednesday's bombshell announcement.

After he had reentered the mix Kelly again became the organization's top choice, ahead of Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, who would have been offered the job if Kelly had remained out of the picture, the source said.

"We were that impressed with [Bradley]," the source added.

So close.... :boom
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on January 16, 2013, 03:06:08 PM
But a league source told CSNPhilly.com's Geoff Mosher that the Eagles and Kelly maintained contact in the coming days and that talks between the two sides "heated up" in the 24 to 36 hours preceding Wednesday's bombshell announcement.

After he had reentered the mix Kelly again became the organization's top choice, ahead of Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley, who would have been offered the job if Kelly had remained out of the picture, the source said.

So basically Kelly had his ego stroked and then went back to Oregon and didn't want to commit until he saw another serious candidate emerge.  Now he just sounds like a diva bitch. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on January 16, 2013, 03:06:08 PM

thanks for posting that dick

Sgt PSN

If they were that impressed with Bradley, they wouldn't have let him leave town without a contract. 

Zanshin

PoopyfaceMcGee

Looks like the "smartest guys in the room" are, in fact, right here at :CF.

Zanshin

Time will tell. That said, on the surface of it, there are not a lot of compelling reasons to like the move. Do I think Kelly is a good fit? No. Does he have a track record of success in the the NFL? No. Do college coaches tend to succeed in situations like this? No. Do I trust the people making the decisions? No.

Nope. Not a great feeling right now. I hope they knock it out of the park, though.

ice grillin you

if you dont have something nice to say about the eagles dont say anything at all

cant wait for homer romey to come in here and flip out at all the chip hate

Geowhizzer

Like most have already said, it seems to me that this will turn out to be at best mediocre, at worst a disaster.  Basically, they're replacing Andy Reid with... Andy Reid Lite.

We'll have to see how it turns out, but right now it's my stomach that's turning.

Sgt PSN

Yeah, it's not like I'm rooting for this to be a disaster (I don't see it really ending any other way though) but there is absolutely nothing about it that gives me a warm and fuzzy. 

I definitely don't like how the whole thing went down and Chip Kelly looks like a flakey douche bag right now.  He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me like a lot of other coaches might have.  SB by 2015 or gtfo.