Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

not possible..french open is the pga championship of tennis
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 07, 2014, 02:10:37 PM
not possible..french open is the pga championship of tennis

def not possible when you didn't watch it

MDS

correctemundo

i was sleeping...do not readjust my schedule for meaningless clay court frog events
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I agree with the California Chrome owner ripping the horses/owners for not running the previous two legs.

I laugh at the media folks ripping him for speaking out too.

QB Eagles

Whatever. That never stopped other horses from winning the Triple Crown. And I didn't hear him bitching before the race. Nor did I hear him bitching about how all those horses bailed out of the Preakness, making it much easier for his horse to win it.

Rome

He had a slightly above average horse who got exposed like dozens before him at the Belmont.

He's everything that's wrong with this country too.  Whiny big mouth who done got wronged! 

farging spare me.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2014, 12:04:53 PM
He had a slightly above average horse who got exposed like dozens before him at the Belmont.

I think it's a good horse, just not a Triple Crown quality horse. He didn't deserve to win the Crown with the times he put up. A rare award should be for a rare horse.

I thought that roided-up horse Big Brown from a few years ago was Triple Crown quality, but the horse's hooves or shoes were farged up during the Belmont.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 08, 2014, 12:04:53 PM

He's everything that's wrong with this country too.  Whiny big mouth who done got wronged! 

farging spare me.

yep

nothing worse than a sore loser

PhillyPhreak54

I believe he did mention it earlier in the process about horses not running the three races

Based on the pace if Secretariat was running yesterday he would've won by 22 lengths

One of my customers hit the super yesterday. Lucky farg. $5400 I think

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i guess these have always been the rules but have horses always pulled this kind of move...skipping the first 2 to run the 3rd? did it happen in the 70's?

if its ALWAYS gone down like that then the guy needs to zip it. if its a relatively new thing, then hes got a point. some frog pos swooped in and stole the belmont from him, id be livid too.

QB Eagles

It's always been the case that different horses run in different parts of the Triple Crown. The winners have always faced some fresher horses. It is true though that trainers rest horses more overall than they used to, and the two week break between the Derby and Preakness is now considered aggressive for races of that length. Therefore more owners hold their horses out of the Preakness than before. All the horses used to be run a lot harder and in longer races, which might be part of why finishing times have stalled out. So ironically all this pampering that is supposedly creating "fresher" horses isn't improving finishing times, it's just making the horses less tough.

Basically I say who cares how fresh the other horses are. If you want to win the Triple Crown, be prepared to beat all comers. Secretariat would have won it this year as easily as in 1973 (maybe easier since Sham was a strong competitor then), so what's California Chrome's excuse? And of course CC doesn't have to be Secretariat, there have been all kinds of horses that have run all three races and had Belmont speeds good enough to win yesterday.

ice grillin you

the triple crown is no different than the golf grand slam....its a series of individual events that some people play in and others don't....it just so happens to take place over 5 weeks instead of over a season

get over it you friggin hack

Rome

If you watched the first two races that horse clearly had no chance yesterday.  The distance was too much for him.  I was shocked he won the Preakness, actually.