The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

because they go by the current world rankings (which is a weird complicated system to begin with) and don't take into account the player's history in the tournament, etc.  it's a bit retarded.

phattymatty

and i actually think nadal is dropping down a spot on the rankings after winning.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on June 09, 2013, 12:43:42 PM
and i actually think nadal is dropping down a spot on the rankings after winning.

really?

how is that possible
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i honestly don't know the little details but the world rankings are weird, so it's something like because nadal won the same tournament last year (and 6 other times) he's actually not adding any points to his total. so essentially winning the french will never get him more points in the rankings, and he needs to start doing better in other tournaments.

one reason right now is that we might be watching the best crop of male tennis players in the history of the sport. like if novak won the french we would have 3 active players with a career grand slam, which is nuts.

yes i like tennis. fag.

Rome

Incredible final at Wimbledon right now.

MDS

when is there going to be an american male who can compete at this level
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The behind the scenes shots after the match were pretty fascinating.  NBC never showed anything like it back when they broadcast the tournament.  They used to just disappear into the doorway and you'd never see them again.  Also - I thought it was extremely weird that ESPN got the first off-the-court interview with him after the match.   You'd think BBC would be all up in that shtein, especially considering he's a Brit.   Money talks, I guess.

MDS

bbc got the first one...that was the one on the court

espn/nbc have always gotten on the 2nd. on the court/off doesnt matter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 07, 2013, 12:45:15 PM
when is there going to be an american male who can compete at this level

hopefully never....our real athletes need to play real sports

MDS

ice grillin you

MDS

ice grillin you

modano>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>some random real salt lake player >>>>>>>> sampras

Rome

do you ever tire of trolling it up in here?  shut up, already.

ice grillin you

wait you honestly believe a tennis player is a better athlete than a hockey player?