The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

marketing execs at tampax and summer's eve are going nuts right now. 

QB Eagles

Huge opportunity for strap-on makers to market to their core demographic.

rjs246

The US national soccer team needed to beat Egypt by three goals and needed Italy to be shut out AND lose by at least three goals to move on in the Confederation Cup tourney. Needless to say all of that happened.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phillymic2000

Quote from: rjs246 on June 21, 2009, 04:32:51 PM
The US national soccer team needed to beat Egypt by three goals and needed Italy to be shut out AND lose by at least three goals to move on in the Confederation Cup tourney. Needless to say all of that happened.

WOOOHOOO! :paranoid

rjs246

International soccer tournaments might be the greatest sporting events around.

Let them eat bootstraps.

reese125

what the farg is that high pitch buzzing noise in the background of these games? I mean the whole game...cmon

BigEd76

Is the USA gonna win two road games and choke in the championship now or what

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 02, 2009, 02:25:08 PM
marketing execs at tampax and summer's eve are going nuts right now. 

:paranoid

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Potentially one of the biggest upsets in the history of soccer is brewing right now.  The U.S. is beating Spain 2-0 in the semifinals of the Confederations Cup.

rjs246

- Spain had won 35 straight international matches and was ranked number 1 in the world.
- The US sucks.

Ridiculously huge upset.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Sweet.  Maybe the U.S. will have a legit shot of not embarassing themselves in the World Cup.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

No chance. If there's one thing they've proven repeatedly over the last 7 years it's that they have no capacity for building off of strong international wins. But it was fun to watch anyway.

Let them eat bootstraps.