The "I Miss Sassy" Sports Thread

Started by Rome, February 06, 2008, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I bought one of these because I do silly things like that.

And because I'm a nerd.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Rode the train in and chatted with some inner city high school lacrosse players this morning.

IGY's worst nightmare, the spread of lacrosse's popularity, is upon us.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

nothing like a hot steaming cup of joe and some good lax talk in the A to the Meezy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

when black kids take up lacrosse, vigy will leap on the bandwagon with the quickness
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Jim Brown, baddest mutha farger with a stick ever.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on May 11, 2009, 09:24:47 PM

I bought one of these because I do silly things like that.

And because I'm a nerd.

It's really not a bad looking a shirt

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

rjs246

Quote from: Diomedes on May 13, 2009, 07:28:05 PM
when black kids take up lacrosse, vigy will leap on the bandwagon with the quickness

IGY, a rich white dude, hates lacrosse because it carries the stereotype of being played by rich white dudes.

I wonder what he would say about a poor black kid from the inner city playing lacrosse instead of basketball, which carries the stereotype of being played by poor black kids.

The mind boggles.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

lol at the lacrosse community allowing black kids to take over their sport...best lacrosse player of all time was jim brown but the millionaires in lacrosse land would never let more than a token brother in their game

its not much different from golf

not that the brothers would ever wanna play a sport like lacrosse anyway

top lacrosse teams in the country

Rome

Wait, there's rich white people in this country?

rjs246

Yes, but apparently they hate themselves.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

id hate myself to if all i played was golf tennis lacrosse and skied in the offseason

rjs246

My point is that you already hate what you are so the argument is academic.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

i just don't understand how someone could hate lax or golf because it's played by "rich white kids" but still love hockey.  are they playing the hockey in ghettos now?