2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 30, 2008, 03:28:07 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 30, 2008, 12:49:14 PM
sunmo is a queer

87 wins, 2 games out the wild card.

Quote from: MDS on March 26, 2007, 07:44:34 PM
89 and no playoffs

CHOKE

predictable

To be fair, PG, he was spot on for the number of wins.  Who knew that would be enough to win the East?  I wouldn't have guessed that.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD_Eagle on March 30, 2008, 10:22:40 AM
I said 88 wins last thread but I'm gonna go with 90. I don't see a fast or slow start this season, more like an average start, which is fine. They'll contend for the WC.

An average start would be pharging phenominal.  If the Phils could have managed so much as .500 baseball the last 6 years or so they'd have probably made the playoffs at least 3 or 4 times, if not more. 

I'm going with 89 wins and a tie for the WC and lose the extra game. 

Rome

Seabiscuit36

Hey, whats the deal with MLB.Tv for the delaware area?  Will i get blacked out if i buy the internet games package?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyGirl

showers on and off all day predicted and tomorrow same thing...although they're calling for almost 70 degrees tomorrow.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

I fear we've been understating the awesomeness of the name "Iron Pigs".

These guys suck.

BigEd76

AAA is where teams put the people that don't fit on the far end of the bench and bullpen.  Reading is loaded with Phils prospects.

1-0 Phils after 2, by the way

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Anyone not named Wes Helms starting at 3rd base makes me hard.

BigEd76

Rollins scored on an Utley sac fly

Burrell just added an RBI single.....2-0 after 4 innings

Don Ho

first farg up of the season and i run to the board.  ah, phils down 4-2.  I love this game.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

Typical Phils

2-0, 1st and 2nd, no outs.......3 straight outs

Nats have the 8-9-1 up and they score 4 runs

BigEd76

Madson looks to have an easy inning....2 outs.....IF single....2-run bomb by Milledge

yay 0-1

phattymatty