Rock shows

Started by Diomedes, April 11, 2006, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

going to see bloc party in brooklyn next month.

and will probably go check out NIN in 2 weeks.  saw them whe they came around last year and it was a great show.

phattymatty

Went to the moe show on saturday night.  I'm not a huge jam-band/hippy rock fan, but every few months or so I like to get stoned and go dance like a retard.  I can't help but laugh at how everyone just spasms and they pretend it's dancing.  This place was outdoors and byob so obviously I was very intoxicated.  We brought a 12-pack, a bottle of wine, and a bottle of champagne.  Second time I've seen them actually and I've had a great time at both.  Not to mention tons of cute hippy chicks.

Also, going to see NIN tonight.

ice grillin you

i hate rock music but im going to see allan toussaint on thursday if that counts for anything
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

I saw Moe prob 9 yrs ago. The guitarist came out into the crowd and my one friend recognized him and called him over to smoke a joint. He did. I love the song " Mexico"
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

damn trent reznor is awesome live.  2nd time i've seen him in the last few months and both were incredible shows.  like a movie on stage every time.

jeffreyjpa

Quote from: mussa on May 30, 2006, 04:08:20 PM
Saw TOOL @ Tower Theatre 2 weeks ago. Very good despite lead singer being sick.

I want to see Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ opening guest, The Mars Volta in October. Anyone going to this? They just added another show. 

Taking the wife to this show in October, mussa...it was her request for Mother's Day, God bless her.

I'm not familiar with The Mars Volta, but my brother gave them a good review....said he was considering going to this show mostly to see them.

jeffreyjpa

Also, considering scoring tickets to see the Foo Fighters do an accoustical set at the Tower Theater in mid-August. Seats on eBay are relatively inexpensive, considering the small venue.

mussa

Quote from: jeffreyjpa on June 14, 2006, 01:44:57 PM
Quote from: mussa on May 30, 2006, 04:08:20 PM
Saw TOOL @ Tower Theatre 2 weeks ago. Very good despite lead singer being sick.

I want to see Red Hot Chili Peppers w/ opening guest, The Mars Volta in October. Anyone going to this? They just added another show. 

Taking the wife to this show in October, mussa...it was her request for Mother's Day, God bless her.

I'm not familiar with The Mars Volta, but my brother gave them a good review....said he was considering going to this show mostly to see them.

your wife is very special.  are dates out for fall tour?
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

going to see NIN friday in pittsburgh. its an outdoor setting, much rather see them indoors, but can't complain.  was planning on going to see my buddies new place this weekend and then he mentioned NIN playing friday night. pumped to see them for the first time  :yay

phattymatty

Quote from: mussa on June 26, 2006, 01:05:21 PM
going to see NIN friday in pittsburgh. its an outdoor setting, much rather see them indoors, but can't complain.  was planning on going to see my buddies new place this weekend and then he mentioned NIN playing friday night. pumped to see them for the first time  :yay

it's a great show.  went 2 weeks ago, it was also an outdoor show and i loved it.  saw them indoors about 6 months ago and i actually liked the outdor show better.  the lights and all the effects they do on stage makes it seem like your watching a movie, and it's different for every show.  if you're a nails fan, you'll love it. 

plus it helps to get really high before and during.  it really made me want to follow them around, thats how good the show was.  stupid job.

mussa

yea i don't smoke the chebba chebba-but my 2 buddies i'm going with do and im not gonna lie, im gonna get high. i hear its a hell of a live show :yay

Father Demon

This past Friday Mrs. Demon and I went to see Black Crowes, with Drive By Tuckers and The Robert Randolph Family Band opening.  RR & The Family Band was the best show on the bill.  Lots of funky jamming, coupled with new-age hippy chicks dancing in very skimpy clothing.  The chicks were hot, the night was cool, and the music was great.

I would most defiantly go see The Robert Randolph Family Band again.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

I'm dig the Drive By Truckers.  You weren't impressed with their show?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Nice, I saw the Black Crowes a little while back.  They were good, a little more jam bandy than I thought they would be.  I was a big fan of Shake your Moneymaker when I was little and never knew they were so hippyish, because the album was pretty rocking.  Still a good show though. 

Diomedes

It's a shame what happened to that band.  They weren't breaking any new ground with Shake Your Moneymaker, but the execution was spot on.  It was a pretty kick ass rock and roll album.

Now they're just a stoned out hippy jam band collecting checks from displaced Dead heads and their progeny. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger