Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

If you can't afford a cart what the farg are you doing on the golf course?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I walked a course one time when I first started playing.  Hated pretty much every minute of it.  I do occassionally walk out my back door and play the first and last 2 holes on the course I live on, but there's not too much walking involved in that one....less than a mile probably.  But I'll never walk a full 18 ever again. 

phattymatty

yeah i've walked a course once or twice but it's pretty much the exact opposite of relaxing. sore shoulders, sunburnt and sweaty as farg. never again.

Sgt PSN

My knees are getting to the point where I'd like to have a cart just to play mini golf. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on May 10, 2011, 11:07:10 AM
If you can't afford a cart what the farg are you doing on the golf course?

theres a lot of really cheap courses where the cart can be almost as much as the greens fees
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

so don't play golf. what's the point of golfing if you can't drink?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

oh that.....yeah the answer would be there is none
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

It's like bowling sober. Or playing softball sober. Or farging sober. Or falling asleep sober. No farging thanks.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I didn't walk until I hit 30 and started playing resort courses.  They're built around housing so a lot of times the distance between holes is too far to walk and get done in four hours.

Old fashioned links courses on the coast are awesome to walk especially in Ireland.

Don Ho

Quote from: phattymatty on May 10, 2011, 10:16:00 AM
Quote from: Don Ho on May 10, 2011, 02:56:29 AM
If you can and it's allowed at the course you play at, forget the cart and walk.  Great workout and just a much more enjoyable experience. 

???? what the farg.

Just trying to debunk the fat, lazy, white guy theory.

I am playing in a tournament this Friday for one of my customers.  There will be carts and there will be alcohol.  Lots of alcohol.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: rjs246 on May 10, 2011, 11:25:11 AM
It's like bowling sober. Or playing softball sober. Or farging sober. Or falling asleep sober. No farging thanks.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with bowling sober.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Russell has a problem with sobriety in general. 

rjs246

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 12, 2011, 11:48:15 PM
Russell has a problem with sobriety in general. 

I wouldn't say that I have a problem with sobriety, I just avoid him because I don't like his company. Dullards get the gas face.

Let them eat bootstraps.

DH

Wierd what you realize when you actually look for something - I found out there is an outdoor covered driving range about a mile from my place..I pass the damn thing daily, and never so much as noticed it.

Anyway, I went this weekend - twice. I'm going to go a couple more times this week, then try to play this weekend. I have yet to decide on what to do about clubs. I've been using the trash they rent out at the range, but even after two times, I was getting the feel that what I was using was crap. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking Romeys suggestion and buying a decent set of used clubs from a clubhouse somewhere.