Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

It's a fun game to play, but since a bunch of old rich white iceholes play it, it can't possibly be pleasurable or acceptable for anyone else.

Got it.

Diomedes

It's a fargin' obscenity and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for buying into it.  These folks are the enemy.  They ought to be castigated, not celebrated.  Nothing good about golf.

But yeah, if you're just rich enough to afford temporary entry into the devil's playground, sure I hear it's fun to pretend you have leisure and means, and they make it easy to ignore the environmental catastrophe you're abetting. 

farg golf.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I play and there's nothing you can do about that.

Neeners.

Diomedes

I can and will occasionally remind you that you're participating in the beshteinting of the the world for fun, and that the people you're emulating and hobknobbing with, are the very same you so often inveigh against. 

Down with the evil white capitalist bastiches....except when they let me use their golf course!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

I'm fore golf and Dio is against.

Get it?  Fore!  Hahahaha!!

phattymatty

i pay $9 to play 9 holes and drink beer for 2 hours at a zesty run-down public course in dc. nothing country club about it.

Diomedes

yeah, nothing country club about it...except the holy shrine of the pasttime that your public course mimics is racist, sexist, classist, etc.

the entire enterprise is filthy and awful even if some otherwise cool people  like it

phattymatty

meh. if they took the dumpy golf course away it would inevitably be condos and an influx of yuppies within a few years. so actually golf is halting the spread of gentrification.

SunMo

can't wait to get out for a round this weekend. 

glad it makes dio so mad.  hope he has a heart attack over it
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

I like drinking beer and driving the carts around recklessly. The sport itself bores me to no end.

Rome

Play with women.

SD

PhillyPhreak54

I think I will also go play a round this weekend. It'll be in the 80s

Rome

What about the back nine?

Zing!

PhillyPhreak54

lol...I was talking about the temperatures.

I haven't played since last summer and I shot a 101 that day.