Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2006, 04:15:25 PM
His 32TD 8Int trumps anything Culpepper has ever done

culpepper  4700  39   11   70%
mcnabb     3875  31     8   64%

and their records that season?

vikings, 2004...8-8

again. eI have nothing to contribute.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MadMarchHare

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 16, 2006, 03:59:09 PM
IGY saying with a straight face that Culpepper is a better QB than is McNabb makes me laugh a lot.

I don't think McNabb is the best ever or anything, but Culpepper is absolutely NOTHING without Randy Moss.
Or knee ligaments.
Anyone but Reid.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2006, 04:11:09 PM
Something I was thinking about today...

I wonder if the Colts saw their arch-nemesis Pats lose on Saturday night and knew that they had an easy ride to the SB without them in there so they came out flat because of that?

Quite possible.

I thought the defense played firey for the first half though. Pitt eventually wore them down. The offense was non-existent for 3 quarters.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Catapult

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2006, 02:57:52 PM
who said dungy was a good coach...hes on par with reid as far as im concerned...both should be coordinators

Because certain people enjoy bashing him no matter what the circumstance.
They're called hungry hungry hippos for a reason, bro.

might wanna recheck the thread dook...first five people that brought up mcnabb were groupies trying to use mannings failure as a way to make themselves feel better about mcnabbs own inability to come up large in big games

The only "Big Game" that McNabb hasn't won is the "Big Game of All Big Games."  But, unlike Saint Manning of Indy, he has taking his team there - and had an opportunity to win it at the very end.

Before that, McNabb-led teams knocked on the door 4 straight times, and the first time, they were not expected to even be there.

Each time, McNabb has done more with much less than Manning, yet, somehow, Manning, when his push comes to shove, he wilts faster than Favre against a pass-rush.  And the worst part, Manning has only knocked on the AFC Championship door once, IIRC.

Yet, somehow, when he loses...it is never his fault.  Even here.
Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)

rjs246

Cut that meat. Cut that meat.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2006, 03:43:05 PM
IGY, you were one of the "first five." Are you a McNabb groupie?

lol...you really went back and counted didnt you?...you got me...sorry i was the 5th...point made tho and i think you knew that

I was seeing if I was one of the first five.  In actuality I was 7th or 8th (too long ago to remember now).  ;)

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 16, 2006, 03:43:05 PM
BTW, you still haven't put in your list of what QBs you'd rather have right now.

manning
brady
palmer
rothlesberger

for sure

culpepper...and before the minions come charging after me...all im gonna say is if yous can say that manning has an advantage over mcnabb because of the team around him...ill say that culpepper on the eagles would be better than mcnabb and would have led them farther than mcnabb has

hasselbeck
delhomme

are both about equal...next week and the superbowl could push either or both pass mcnabb...hasselbeck especially is imo about to jump into greatness

there may be some better ones out there...but its hard to say...a lot of it has to do with....as i mentioned with culpepper...the situation they are in

Here is what I have among those you mentioned:

Clearly above McNabb:
Tom Brady- Obviously rings come before anything else, and Brady has three.

Slightly above McNabb:

Peyton Manning- The stats still count for something.  McNabb has still gotten further, though.

Still more to prove:

Ben Roethlisberger- Is a product of his environment.  Great defense, running game.  Put him in McNabb's situation, and the Eagles don't get nearly as far, IMO.

Carson Palmer- For grading purposes, Palmer gets an incomplete.  Definitely has the ability, but we have not gotten to see him in the playoffs.

Matt Hasselbeck- Had a good season, but hasn't done as long, and this is the first time he's sniffed the NFCCG.

Not as good:

Daunte Culpepper- Has had a couple of monster years stat-wise, but has never led the Vikings as far in the playoffs even WITH a star-calibre WR.  Without Moss this season, Culpepper regressed even before his injury.

Jake Delhomme- Another product of a system.  Has the star WR and a great defense.  Got to the SB once.  His stats:  16-33, 323, 3 TD, 0 INT.  McNabb's: 30-51, 357, 3 TD, 3 INT.  Delhomme didn't have any picks, but completed less than 50%.  Put Delhomme on the Eagles last year, and there is no Super Bowl, IMO.

All conjecture, of course.  You know what they say about opinions.

The BIGSTUD

The regular season doesn't count for much. Yesterday's game showed that. You can be 14-2 and roll into the playoffs with home field and lose in the first round to a 6 seed.

Give me the better playoff QB 7/7 days a week.

It depends on how you judge a QB. To me the best QB in the league is if I could have one QB to win me a Superbowl, who would it be? That would be Brady. If I could have one QB to win me a playoff game between McNabb and Manning I would choose McNabb. Therefore to me he's the better player, but that is just my take. Others might judge QBs differently.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

QB Eagles

I agree with your rankings and assessments there, Geo.

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2006, 04:11:09 PM
Something I was thinking about today...

I wonder if the Colts saw their arch-nemesis Pats lose on Saturday night and knew that they had an easy ride to the SB without them in there so they came out flat because of that?

If you go back to my "quarterfinal vote", in another thread, I said I though the Colts would lose, because to me they seem to have to be in a rhythm to play well.  Them playing for the last month did them no favors, HOWEVER---I also think COACHING has a lot to do with it. Maybe it's only me, but I don't think and never have thought that Dungy was a guy who could motivate players. Yesterday only reinforced my beliefs. Last year, you had the Eagles in the same situation, WITHOUT OWENS, the media wondering if the Eagles could win a single playoff game; the media on every channel wondering if Reid did the right thing--but they came out fired up against the Vikings and before long, the Eagles had a 14-0 lead. The Colts, if Dungy had motivated them properly, would have pointed out the very same things the media was talking about concerning Reid--but he also would have pointed out to Manning the criticism he would take if the Colts lost--apparently he didn't do that or he didn't do it very well.

The BIGSTUD

The funniest part about this whole Manning thing are the excuses people make for him. One year the defense loses it for him, the next year it's his receivers running bad routes, the next year it's his coaching staff, the next year his receivers dropping balls, now it's his offensive line. If Manning retires having made no Superbowl appearances I wonder if he will have taken the blame for any of those seasons or will the excuses keep coming?

I only hope Manning isn't on the Madden cover for Madden 07 because you know what the next excuse will be when his team goes 14-2 and is faced with yet another early exit.

Catapult

Quote from: Philly Forever on January 17, 2006, 02:53:04 AM
The funniest part about this whole Manning thing are the excuses people make for him. One year the defense loses it for him, the next year it's his receivers running bad routes, the next year it's his coaching staff, the next year his receivers dropping balls, now it's his offensive line. If Manning retires having made no Superbowl appearances I wonder if he will have taken the blame for any of those seasons or will the excuses keep coming?

BANG! Cartoons did a "Brett Favre Excuse-o-Matic" last year.  Maybe Manning bought the rights to it as well.

(But why would ninjas steal the Colts playbook?  Manning never follows it anyway  8))

Please select your blitz package:  Zone, Darth, Mad Tiger, Train Wreck, Monster, Kitchen Sink, Jail Break, or Bench Press (new!)

MURP

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 16, 2006, 06:29:36 PM
I agree with your rankings and assessments there, Geo.

Same here. 

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

Eskin just said that "Manning comes up as small as a miniscule penis in the playoffs" :-D

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 17, 2006, 03:01:49 PM
Eskin just said that "Manning comes up as small as a miniscule penis in the playoffs" :-D

Well, we can all figure he's speaking from experience.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen