Oh man, ads!

Started by General_Failure, March 05, 2013, 01:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

So after nearly 12 years, I've gotten around to putting up an ad that isn't fake and on the front page or a text link paid for ahead of time. I figure maybe this place should start helping pay for itself again. The ads won't show up on the mobile version.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

great...first ad I see....a Maryland  contractor, just as I'm trying to make myself legit.

Once I've got my license and formed my company, I think I'm gonna have to outbid those fargers for the space

what are you paying them to publish it here?  I'll take less.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Ha...and now the ads are different, but still for concrete services. 

I don't think the ad company has very smart algorithms.

How much do you get paid for us to click?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Least intrusive ad banner ever. If it weren't for the announcement, it might have been a year before I noticed it.

Any chance you can get Christian Mingle and J Date to advertise here?

General_Failure

15 second fullscreen Zoosk ad every time you log in is the next step.

Quote from: Diomedes on March 05, 2013, 07:25:20 AM
Ha...and now the ads are different, but still for concrete services. 

I don't think the ad company has very smart algorithms.

How much do you get paid for us to click?

No idea. but it made nearly two bucks so far today. I really should have done this years ago.

Diomedes

Too bad the ads don't open in a new tab.

Zanshin

Do you get paid by the click? If so, I'll click around.

Diomedes

I've clicked around a few times.  Found a company that will help clean out a hoarder's house, which is actually something we may need in order to get access to replace the windows in a house we're doing in a month or so.

SD

The first time I saw this thread title I thought it read "Oh man, aids!"

General_Failure

Quote from: Diomedes on March 05, 2013, 08:42:57 PM
I've clicked around a few times.  Found a company that will help clean out a hoarder's house, which is actually something we may need in order to get access to replace the windows in a house we're doing in a month or so.

My sister and her husband have a company that does that sort of thing. The pay is shtein, but they make up some of the difference in loot and scrap metal.