Golf

Started by stalker, January 29, 2009, 12:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Just think how awesome the world would be if everyone listened to me and did exactly what I suggested.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

DH

Ive got a 5PM with the in-house instructor at the West Point Golf Course today to give me a tour, show me clubs, etc..

I should probably leave my wallet in the car.

reese125

its like telling yourself you only need a shtein pair of sneakers around the house because you'll barely wear them.

then you come out with a pair of Nike Vomero 6's. you just cant help yourself.

hit your new Taylormade Burners straight DH.

Rome

My TM 320's are ten years old but they're still in great condition.

reese125

now I see why you have some forged clubs.

you better have some game with the small ass sweet spot on those 320's old man.

Rome

They're not small to me.  I can't hit the long irons anymore so I just use a seven wood for anything over 200 yards.  I can't remember the last time I hit a three-iron, actually.

reese125

this day and age you shouldn't be hitting 3 irons anyway. you should be all hybrid at that distance.

nice thing about the hybrids now is the newer design of the head is so much better out of the deep stuff then a 7 wood...but whatever is working for you roll with it.

DH

what the farg are you people talking about??

Sgt PSN

Golf, dummy.  You're going to need more help than I thought. 

reese125

ask your boy at the shop about hybrid clubs in exchange for your low irons--he'll know whats up

not to mention they will be easier for you to hit, as they have way more forgiveness than a 3 or 4 iron.

Rome

Quote from: DH on May 16, 2011, 02:57:50 PM
what the farg are you people talking about??

noob

phattymatty

i actually just took my clubs out of the closet the other day and realized that i need to buy a new seven iron because the last time i played i chucked it 30 yards into a lake.

Rome

I once Tin Cupped it around the local muni-track just to see if I could play an entire round with just a 7-iron & putter.   I think I was about 25 over par from the member tees, which really isn't that bad.

Sgt PSN

I broke my driver over a year ago and have yet to replace it.  I don't spend time on the range practicing with my other woods so whenever I do get out on the links, I tee off with my 5 iron, but oddly enough I still shoot roughly the same as I did with the driver.  Obviously I hit the driver further but I hit my irons much much straighter, so I tend to save myself a couple of strokes because I'm hitting my 2nd shot from the fairway instead of the parking lot.