Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Beto O'Rourke is going to be POTUS one day. 

Mark it down.  He was phenomenal last night. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 07, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 07, 2018, 12:47:55 PMcasey are super moderate dems and name royalty in their respective states.

the name royalty thing is valid but casey has shifted much further to the left post trump. he spoke at multiple bleeding heart resistance rallies i went to.

but my overall point is, not only in pa, but in farging ohio and with a small % in florida, you have trump voters and republicans voting for the very party that he was viciously insulted. i just dont get it how someone could watch fox all day long, worship at the alter of trump and buy into his hateful rhetoric, then go out and cast a vote for tom wolf the democrat.

even more so. in massachusetts. you had ticket splitters galore. liberal ass wacko liz warren easily wins. so does the pub governor. who is voting for both?

sean hannity is the number one news show on cable tv and has about 3 million viewers

if you divided that by 50 states and we know states like mass are much lower you get 60k per state

thats nothing....if you hang around twitter enough youll think half the country watches fox....they dont....not trying to undersell the amount of adulterated conspiracy theory believing racist thinking wanting it to be 1950 again mother fargers in the country but in reality most of the country is  middle right or middle left

pos trump  has divided us like crazy and made politics more like sports which is why we are at an all time low of i think 10 senators who represent a state that voted for the opposing party in the last presidential election...but its not as nuts as you think to split ballots...especially when the split is for two incumbents such as in mass with warren and baker
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 07, 2018, 01:26:42 PM

when you think about 2020, think about who can win berks/erie county and monroe county in michigan.

the resistance votes from detroit, milwaukee, philly areas and well off suburbs are going to be there. they hate trump so much theyd vote for hitler over him.

gillum might be a better choice. will pull mega black votes out of the cities and has the same type of young voter/base enthusiasm. i think you need a woman as the vp. if its gillum, white woman. if its beto, kamala.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

smeags

fired or resigned, either way he was pushed out. trump is going to be even more unhinged and triggered then usual from this point on.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/07/politics/donald-trump-midterm-election-news-conference/index.html
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

The voter suppression accusation was one of the more bizarre statements that icehole has ever uttered.   I seriously think he's mentally compromised.  It's like he doesn't even know what words mean nor does he understand anything more complex than, 'I'm Hungry'.

SD

Rosenstein removed from overseeing the special council

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 07, 2018, 12:26:13 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 07, 2018, 10:31:44 AM
pennsylvania politics are mystifying

trump got 52% of the vote in berks....barletta got 47%
hillary got 48% in bucks....casey got 56
hillary got 82 in philly...casey got 86
trump farging won erie but then casey did

white people.

Another social studies teacher and I were talking this morning, and he was certain that PA wouldn't vote for Trump again in 2020 based on last night's results.  I told him that, being from there, PA politics were by nature bi-polar and it wasn't certain which way the state would go.  Pennsyltucky loves them some Trump.

2016 was more of an anomaly than anything else IMO. Hated Dem candidate that was super unpopular+racist base coming out for Trump. I think a more inspiring candidate would have won PA in 2016.

As for all the beto talk....I'm telling you, Booker/Beto would roll. That's an insane amount of charisma on one ticket. Though I know it has become the 'cool' thing to kind of hate on Booker these days because he's so annoyingly nice at times. But put that dude on the national stage and he's going to be very likable to a lot of folks who don't pay attention to this shtein every day. And that's more important than anything these days, being likable. Booker/Beto would be suuuuuper likable. Though I could see it turning off the Bernie wing a little bit.

Those two, Harris, Sanders, Biden, Gillibrand....those 6 would be who I'd keep an eye on for the ticket. I know Warren is probably running too, and I love her from a policy standpoint, but a lot of people just don't like her. We need someone likable.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on November 07, 2018, 03:42:25 PM
Rosenstein removed from overseeing the special council

I hope Mueller starts dropping bombs as soon as this week.

How's the reaction over at CVON?? So sad I'm missing the meltdowns.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 07, 2018, 02:16:59 PM

when you think about 2020, think about who can win berks/erie county and monroe county in michigan.

the resistance votes from detroit, milwaukee, philly areas and well off suburbs are going to be there. they hate trump so much theyd vote for hitler over him.

gillum might be a better choice. will pull mega black votes out of the cities and has the same type of young voter/base enthusiasm. i think you need a woman as the vp. if its gillum, white woman. if its beto, kamala.

none of that will matter if they cant win one of ohio or florida and both of those seem to be out of reach right now....of course two years is an eternity but if you said before yesterday that dems would achieve the turnout in each of those states that they got last night it would have been seen as an automatic win...but dems turned out massively and still lost...that is really disheartening and much worse news than beto gillium or abrahams losing 

Rome

Gillum is the most left wing candidate to ever run for high office in this state.   And he missed out by 50,000 votes out of 8,000,000 cast.  Florida is not a lost cause.   Not by a long shot. 

PS: Their side is dying out and our side is replacing them.  I'm telling you I saw it in my daughter's generation.  They are woke, dudes. 

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 07, 2018, 05:48:12 PM
Quote from: MDS on November 07, 2018, 02:16:59 PM

none of that will matter if they cant win one of ohio or florida and both of those seem to be out of reach right now....of course two years is an eternity but if you said before yesterday that dems would achieve the turnout in each of those states that they got last night it would have been seen as an automatic win...but dems turned out massively and still lost...that is really disheartening and much worse news than beto gillium or abrahams losing

same map as 2016 but flip those 3 and thats 278-260

i mean obviously winning 1 of oh/fl is key to the whole thing but you can drop both and still have a path
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.