What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Hey IGY...I'm definitely gonna have to look in one of my crates...as soon as I do...I'll verify if its 'how nice I am' or not. At this point from what I can recall...its not. But...I always wondered about their other stuff. I'll let you know once I find it.

On a side note....try digging up

It's OK by All Natural

Dry Tears- Aphylliation

Time's Up- O.C. (probably my favorite track ever)...

Cross Town Beef- (I think its by medina green)...(mos def guest stars)

Player- Slum Village

Looking over a city- Latyrx feat. El-P (ok...this and times up are my favorite)

Also...there's this one track that Talib Kweli was on...before lone catalysts. And...Lone catalysts always put dope shtein on wax yo!

If you want a dope ass track....check out

2 killers- By Big Hutch feat. Xzibit (remix) Bad Ass mother pumpin song!
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

perhaps it was easy connect or butta love then..dont think they have any other singles

It's OK by All Natural - not really into them but i have the 'no preservatives' cd

Dry Tears- Aphylliation - eh

Time's Up- O.C. (probably my favorite track ever)... -  easily in my 20 favorite songs ever

Cross Town Beef- (I think its by medina green)...(mos def guest stars) - mos def was in medina green...GREAT SONG...produced by posdunus

Player- Slum Village - slum village = zzzzz...i dont like any of that ok player coffee shop crap

Looking over a city- Latyrx feat. El-P (ok...this and times up are my favorite) - latyrx might be the worst of all time...and i cant stomach el-p

Also...there's this one track that Talib Kweli was on...before lone catalysts. And...Lone catalysts always put dope shtein on wax yo! - lonecats were really dope...kweli wasnt with them tho...just did a song or two...you might be thinking of reflection eternal...him and mos def's group pre blackstar
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Reflection eternal...good shtein!

I like slum ville.....I'm a fan...even though I know what you mean about the coffee shop crap.  :-D

Funny you say that about El-P...you either hate him or love him...probably no in between. Yes...he's out there...but I guess its like some deep poetry or abstract art...its hard to get into..but once you're in...you can appreciate it. The beats though are dope..specially his Company Flow shtein.

Latyrx (Latiff and Lyrics Born)...they had some good tracks individually...granted I never have fully listend to the whole Quannum Project stuff...but little by little.

Did you ever get into Dilated Peoples? Beat Junkies, Scratch Pikelz? Visionaries?

Some other ones....

Mobb Deep feat. Xzibit- Eyes may shine

Saukrates feat. Xzibit- Keep it movin

De La feat. Common- The business (another great song)

There's another one by the Jungle Brothers (How you want it, I got it) I think that's the name...or its in the chorus....dope ass song...look it up if you don't know it.

Wingspan

right now i am listening to a bunch of middle age gabbing women bitching about the snow.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

Did you ever get into Dilated Peoples? Beat Junkies, Scratch Pikelz? Visionaries?

dialateds singles and the platform were all bangin...then they started to get kinda corny and same sounding...i dont dislike them now but they are sleep inducing much like slum village and that other stuff...got nothing against it but i cant listen it it

funcrusher is the only listenable product elp has ever put out...his beats are not soulful enough for me...to much trebele and spaced out...i like 70's soul sampled hip-hop

yeah i got the how you want it we got single incredible song...in fact i have just about every full length hip-hop album that came out btwn the years of 87-97...literally

plus tons of tapes and 12 inches (no homo)

hbionic

It's a funny phenomena...groups just tend to make their money, lose their drive and relax. Sucks for the fans.

Styles of Beyond. Now, I know their shtein was stuff you could do with simple music making equipment...but I always enjoyed them. Spies like us and endangered.

KRS-ONE though NEVER gets enough props. That guy kicks farging ass.

Yo...did you ever check out the battle between MC Juice and Supernatural? Classic if you haven't heard it...which you probably have. I like listening to it every one in a while.

I'm sure just like with anything....or any type of music...there are plenty of 1-hit wonders.

I was thinking that in hip-hop...there's so many 1 good song groups out there....like I was thinking of Volume 10 (pistol grip pump) or MC Breed (Can you believe I can't think of his farging song name...but you know which one) :boom   Pace Won- War and many others.

Ok...here's another one....not quite hip hop....did you ever like Portishead? They are starting to make new music again after 7 years. Probably another top favorite groups of mine.

ice grillin you

I was thinking that in hip-hop...there's so many 1 good song groups out there....like I was thinking of Volume 10 (pistol grip pump) or MC Breed (Can you believe I can't think of his farging song name...but you know which one)    Pace Won- War and many others.

Ok...here's another one....not quite hip hop....did you ever like Portishead? They are starting to make new music again after 7 years. Probably another top favorite groups of mine.

theres a ton of one song groups out there in hip-hop because it was and still is to a much lesser extent vinyl based....it was nothing to record a song in your basement and spend a couple hundred bucks to get it pressed up...didnt need a label or even any real money...from there if it was dope you could get it on mix shows and build it by word of mouth...hip-hop is the only genre this happened in...thus the plethora of great songs

that being said there are also a ton of one great album groups

ive heard of portishead but have never heard portishead

mc breed -  gotta get mine - w/ pac....classic material

krs was is and always will be a top 10 all time mc...check the

his best song....

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1GJL592CM2SIP2RL6YHWQRPZNS

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Rome

Quote from: Wingspan on February 13, 2006, 01:29:49 PM
right now i am listening to a bunch of middle age gabbing women bitching about the snow.

Overrated.

Sgt PSN

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Wingspan on February 13, 2006, 01:29:49 PM

I listened to a bunch of young teens complaining about how cold it was in Ft. Myers, Florida today.

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

rjs246

Their first three or four albums were all fantastic. Too bad I'm not an angst ridden teen anymore and couldn't care less about music 95% of the time. Oh yeah, and I cut that straight edge shtein out about 12 years ago too. Oops.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.