Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

They're not taking the senate because maga imbeciles luv them sum racists. 

And the tax exemption initiative is one of the most ridiculous red herrings ever.  They're pushing it as a tax reduction when it's really a reapportionment.  The poor are going to get smashed over it, yet because they hear "tax reduction!", they're all in. 

ice grillin you

i cant believe people still vote on election day...thats so 1990
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

pa doesnt have early voting...plus im a dork who likes the feel of going on election day and pressing the buttons in the booth.

Quote from: Rome on November 06, 2018, 09:15:08 AM
They're not taking the senate because maga imbeciles luv them sum racists. 

this is part of it, surely, but the map is just bad for the good guys. youre talking about trying to pick up seats in texas, tennessee, arizona and keeping seats in god forsaken north daktoa, west virginia, indiana. the candidate in NJ is a disgrace to humanity and the result dems deserves for not primarying him.

thats why, to me, keeping things close is the key. 2020 has a better chance with colorado up and the disaster susan collins up too. joni ernst will be in play. things could happen if you still have 47, 48 seats after tonight.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2018, 09:28:08 AM

pa doesnt have early voting...plus im a dork who likes the feel of going on election day and pressing the buttons in the booth.

thats not being a dork thats being dumb...why the hell would want to trudge to one of those awful places to wait in line

and you can absentee in pennsylvania....thats what i did this year in md even though i was home....i usually early vote but even those lines were super long this time

also the more people in line the more chance people will turn around and not deal with it...so the more early voting and absentee voting the more in person election day voting

MDS

ive never waited in a line in philly...there are so many polling stations and turnout is lower than the national average anyway
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2018, 09:38:04 AM
ive never waited in a line in philly

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2018, 09:04:39 AM
i was the 50th person at about 745am.

but even if this is a lie...theres literally no reason not to vote early or absentee if you can

Munson

The rain is super depressing me right now because I'm afraid what it's going to do to turnout in some key house races in PA, VA, and NJ...ugh.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 06, 2018, 09:40:35 AM
Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2018, 09:38:04 AM
ive never waited in a line in philly

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2018, 09:04:39 AM
i was the 50th person at about 745am.

but even if this is a lie...theres literally no reason not to vote early or absentee if you can

yea you see i got there at 745 and 49 people had already been there before i entered the room so i didnt have to wait for them because they already lef- you know what, not worth it

regardless, im a dork who likes the act of voting at my polling place on election day, line or no line.

SD

Quote from: Munson on November 06, 2018, 09:55:50 AM
The rain is super depressing me right now because I'm afraid what it's going to do to turnout in some key house races in PA, VA, and NJ...ugh.

I'm fearing this too but old people are probably less likely to go out in the rain than young people so there's that

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on November 06, 2018, 10:05:14 AM
regardless, im a dork who likes the act of voting at my polling place on election day, line or no line.

again thats being a dork...its being silly and potentially selfish...thats what either old people do or people who dont know how the system works and think you can only vote on election day at at the polls

long lines are not some great sign of a thriving democracy,.... they are a sign of an inept and under funded election system...the right especially likes long lines as it keeps away people who dont usually vote aka young people and people of color

i still will never ever understand how the greatest democracy in the world has election day on a tuesday...it should be an entire weekend...but at the very least it should be a national holiday....its sickening that it isnt

ice grillin you

this is an interesting one today that i had not heard of....

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2018/11/eagles-landing-cityhood-vote-atlanta-stockbridge/571990/

only in the south would cheesecake factory and outback be considered fine dining

PhillyPhreak54

On Bovada now (my bookie's site had lines up last night but they're not on there now);

House
Dem control -350
Repub control +225
No overall +10000

Senate
Dem control +900
Repub control -650
No overall +650

Exact Outcome
Dem House/GOP Senate -215
GOP House/GOP Senate +225
Dem House/Dem Senate +900
GOP House/Dem Senate +10000

Top FLA Statewide Vote Getter
Gillum -140
Nelson +200
Scott +400
DeSantis +1000

Texas Senate
Cruz -3.9% at -115
Beto +3.9% at -115

Missouri
fargo Hawley -175
McCaskill +145

North Dakota
Heitkamp +350
Cramer -500

Tennessee
Blackburn -400
Bredesen +300

Eagles_Legendz

MDS

Diomedes

my options: 

Early voting
drive a couple miles through the City, park somewhere I don't know where, find the voting operation in a building I'm not familiar with

Election day
walk two blocks to my regular polling station

Sign me up for the 90's, thanks.

Today I walked down to the polls with my aunt, which was pleasant.  I saw (and thanked) our usual poll workers, some of whom are neighbors.  I waited about four minutes to vote. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger