Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

last year the wr corps had one guy who could get his man one on one...and not only could he get himself open but he was so good at that that he got others open...hes gone....now they have exactly zero people who can consistently get open without the help of his route or the scheme...not taking anything away from mack...hes having a great year...but his numbers are inflated cause hes the best wr in a zesty group in a very good ofensive system...someone has to catch the ball and get the yards...

foles has no arm and largely because of that he is not a qb who can take a three step drop and put the ball in a tight spot...and he knows this which crushes his confidence...and with this group of wr's there are a lot of tight spots
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Foles had it easy last year, he had the best O line and running game in the league...to balance it out he had a deep threat that would keep defenses off balance. Fast forward to this season, he's had more pressure on him...we can argue statistics and sack totals but look test is the pressure up the middle is causing him to panic...which is 100% on him. He's the most uncomfortable QB I have ever seen. I'm surprised a coach like Chip hasn't addressed his issues in the pocket...or maybe he has and Foles hasn't responded.

shorebird

All that's been discussed with the line, throwing off his back foot, no deep threat, and no running game to fall back on has resulted in him becoming a turnover machine. He's on a pace for 18-20 ints. I don't want to say he's scared but damn, it's starting to look like it.

Munson

lol at IGY still hating on Maclin.

Maclin's going to end up with better numbers than Jackson last year, with the exact same supporting cast in the WR core around him, and IGY will say it was all scheme/routes whereas Jackson did it all himself.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah Maclin is having a very good season and it isn't because he's the tallest midget in the circus group of WRs.

He's a good receiver

General_Failure

That, and they're throwing more than everybody but the Colts.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on October 31, 2014, 08:14:21 PM
That, and they're throwing more than everybody but the Colts.

and whos gonna catch those balls...kkk...cement feet?

General_Failure

Zach Attack, motherfarger!

But seriously, Maclin's going to have his 80 catches this year if he doesn't get hurt. That's fine, but he'd be the third best receiver in Denver, Chicago, or, surprisingly, Pittsburgh. Matthews is doing as well as Cooper is as the third receiver, but they better hope he steps the farg up next year. They can't go another year with Cooper as the #2 receiver.

smeags

I cant a scenerio where matthews doesnt move ahead of cooper. still gonna have to decide if they resign maclin or move on.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

General_Failure

There's no reason not to resign him, even for a stupid amount of money. 30 teams in the league could easily find a use for him. He's not a top guy, but he's far from awful.

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on October 31, 2014, 10:42:32 PM
That's fine, but he'd be the third best receiver in Denver, Chicago, or, surprisingly, Pittsburgh.

YES

someone gets it

Munson

Maclin is definitely not 3rd best in Pittsburgh.

I'd also say he'd be doing just as good as Sanders is in Denver. Sanders wasn't shtein until he played with Manning this year.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

NC_Eagle

I'll give you that Pimp has better 'home run' potential, but so far this season FWIW:

REC   TGTS   YDS   AVG   LNG   TD   FD
Maclin: 2014 Regular Season   39   76   632   16.2   68   6   27   
Jackson: 2014 Regular Season 32   53   664   20.8   81   3   21

Stat projections have Maclin ending the season with more yards, 1/3 more receptions and twice as many TDs as Jackson. (yeah, yeah, statistics and lies...)

Jackson's had a couple of one catch games too; Maclin has actually been more consistent, which surprised me I admit.
Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

ice grillin you

behind mack is probably the worst #2 and 3 wr's in the nfl....also wash qb's have just been brutal

I love mack....but comparing mack to pimp is a joke...pimp is on another planet as a player

heres what I would like....both of them on the same team

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.