Nick Foles, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 27, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I wasn't a fan yesterday and after reading more and thinking on it more...I like it even less.

Sgt PSN

First Henery last year, now Foles this year.  What is with this team drafting dudes who look like Napoleon Dynamite?

Foles

Henery

Dynamite

ice grillin you

all white middle americans look the same
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

signed...4 year deal...shocking.

SD

Everyone onboard the Foles train? I was iffy on him but I turned a corner on him yesterday. You know who he reminds me of? Eli Manning. Goofy looking, big arm, tall, tough, limited mobility [he's less mobile than Eli is]...he's white. I'd really like to see what he can do with an O-line that can give him some protection and an offseason to work with his #1 offense.

Not only that, but igy and mds hate him so that is all the more incentive to want him to suceed.

Go white boy go white boy go.

Rome

Tomahawk

I'm not completely sold on him, but since this is such a weak class for QBs, the Eagles might as well draft OL and D, and let Foles audition next year.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

People keep saying that, but other than being a middle-round pick getting a chance, I don't really see the direct comparison. The jury is still very much out, but Foles looks much more poised than Hoying did. Hoying looked more athletic. They're both sort of non-descript white pocket passers who were drafted without a ton of buzz, so that's an easy connection to make...but they don't really "play" the same.

SD

Quote from: Tomahawk on December 10, 2012, 08:08:40 AM
I'm not completely sold on him, but since this is such a weak class for QBs, the Eagles might as well draft OL and D, and let Foles audition next year.

Nobody is or should be completely sold on Foles. But...he has a big arm, composure, and was clutch yesterday. He's cut back on the ugly throws and took some shots yesterday. He's young and progressing which is the important thing. He deserves a chance to succeed.

Draft the best OT you can and see what Foles can do with time. Even if Peters comes back full strength he'll be 32 so his time is limited his replacement needs to be sooner rather than later.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

BobbyT

Quote from: SD on December 10, 2012, 07:25:14 AM
Everyone onboard the Foles train? I was iffy on him but I turned a corner on him yesterday. You know who he reminds me of? Eli Manning. Goofy looking, big arm, tall, tough, limited mobility [he's less mobile than Eli is]...he's white. I'd really like to see what he can do with an O-line that can give him some protection and an offseason to work with his #1 offense.

Not only that, but igy and mds hate him so that is all the more incentive to want him to suceed.

Go white boy go white boy go.

Ditto
"And with 1:16 remaining this place is in a state of shock!"

reese125

why does everyone see 1 game against the worst passing d in the league and get so excited?

this has the beautiful makings of a hoying feeley kolb sandwhich

SD

Quote from: reese125 on December 10, 2012, 09:18:40 AM
why does everyone see 1 game against the worst passing d in the league and get so excited?

this has the beautiful makings of a hoying feeley kolb sandwhich

Again...I don't see anyone getting overly excited. What I do see is a spec of optimism in a season full of shtein. Maybe he's Hoying, maybe he's not, but at least there's something there to mold.