The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i cant believe you all watched something called "the book of manning"....the name of the doc alone is enough to make me want to put a bullett in my head....but in general i cant think of any group of people id be more uninterested in than the manning family
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

Says the man who thinks taterskins fans are incredible.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

He's really just a fan of the name. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on September 25, 2013, 09:40:14 AM

you are a soccer fan from sports/football mecca LA and "root" for the eagles without knowing whose on their team....you should not speak on fanbases

PhillyPhreak54

Figured you, as a docu lover, would be all over it. Manning or not it was well done. ESPN does well on those things.

Sunny - I seem to recall Archie being a heavy influence on that. My memory isn't good on it but I seem to recall him and Accorsi having some connection

Sgt PSN

I remember Archie being extremely visible and vocal in the weeks/months leading up to the draft.  He may not have planted that seed in Eli's head, but he certainly didn't seem to be very hands off either. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 25, 2013, 12:02:53 PM
Figured you, as a docu lover, would be all over it. Manning or not it was well done. ESPN does well on those things.

i do love docs but the mannings do nothing for me....rich rednecks sayin things

Sgt PSN

And here's an article from just before the draft.  I didn't catch the doc last night, but if Archie said he wasn't heavily involved, he's full of shtein. 

http://www.utsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20040422-9999-1s22chargers.html

QuoteLast night, Manning informed the Chargers through his agent that he does not want them to select him with the first pick in this weekend's NFL draft.

The disclosure came one day after Manning's father, Archie, flew to San Diego and had dinner with General Manager A.J. Smith and coach Marty Schottenheimer.

Then came the call from agent Tom Condon.

"He told me that Archie wishes that we do not select Eli and that they think he would be a good fit in New York (with the Giants)," said Smith.

ice grillin you

what jumps out at me about that is the flyers get lindros thru the same channels and hes a jello headed daddys boy mental midget

giants get eli and hes arguably the most clutch qb in league history and has two lombardi's

oh and forsberg

philly sports

SunMo

i think are aguing semantics...archie said that he never influenced or planted a seed in his kids' heads about football.  and i think that is true re: the chargers situation.  but once eli told him what he wanted archie did what he could to help and support his decision.  that's my opinion
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 25, 2013, 09:47:39 AM
Quote from: hbionic on September 25, 2013, 09:40:14 AM

you are a soccer fan from sports/football mecca LA and "root" for the eagles without knowing whose on their team....you should not speak on fanbases

I'm not speaking about fanbases, I'm just speaking about the single, number one, best fan in the history of the universe that happens to know it all and has the sole right to pass judgement on anyone indiscriminately if they don't meet the bar set by this god among men. Few can imitate, none can duplicate. Most people watch the sporting event happening on the field of play, but the most interesting man in the world laces them up, gets out on the field, and watches him, the one and only enigma in the stands.

That's whom I'm talking about, not fanbases. Don't get it twisted. 

IGY, IGY, IGY!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Comcast's CEO made $30 million last year. Just let that sink in for a second.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd like to be in the same room as that guy so I can rip him. He wouldn't listen but it would make me feel better.

MDS

remember when csn houston offered to fly me up to watch the astros opener?

looks like i missed the boat DAMNIT
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.