The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

other than sportscenter a lot of the time I cant think of anything I despise on it....theres shows I dont watch because they do nothing for me but theres nothing I absolutely hate

college gameday is incredible and nfl countdown is almost as good.....both are HOF material

baseball tonight is excellent

really they just need to scale back sportscenter going 24/7 with that was a colossal mistake
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

the sportscenter thing was done out of necessity

remember they used to run the 1am SC under past noon...but in this day in age that doesnt hold up. so they have live stuff at 9, 10, 11am, etc. well, you need to fill time on that, dont you?

basically, they took the playcard from fox and cnn and are giving you infotainment. not everything is a story, not everything is a big deal. but since they have hours and hours of time to fill and ads to sell, theyve got to do something to get you to watch. thusly, tim tebow mania is born. brett favre cockslobbering is born. and now, johnny manziel OMG a college kid is drinking is born.

again, they do some studio/non live games well. college gameday is an example of that. baseball tonight can be an example of that when they dont obsess over the yanks and sox. 30x30 is terrific. otl is very good at points. they still do stuff well. it just gets lost behind the insulting, degrading debate shows with skip bayless and his house boy of the day barber shopping up the airwaves. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

Quote from: MDS on July 17, 2013, 07:07:11 PM
not everything is a story, not everything is a big deal. but since they have hours and hours of time to fill and ads to sell, theyve got to do something to get you to watch.

Absolutely. The time they used to spend broadcasting 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier sports is now engaged in hype-driven debate about the 1st-tier sports. Personally I hate it, it's turning sports into a really stupid reality show and I'd rather watch some motocross or whatever than a debate about the Jets that ESPN's advertisers think will resonate with their core demographics, but I get why they do it.

I embrace Fox entering the arena not because I give a shtein about Murdoch or have high expectations about what they will accomplish, but I want the Worldwide Leader to have some legit competition. They should not own the idea of sports in America, and right now they are pretty much the gatekeeper.

Don Ho

Jon Hamm actually did a good job with the opening monologue on the ESPY's tonight.  The Dwight Howard highlight film of him as a Laker was hilarious.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

ashley fox piggybacking off the title IX espn doc talking about an incident in the eagles locker room...pretty funny zinger

One of my first days in there, a rookie offensive lineman walked in with a few teammates, saw me and said: "Bet you like seeing all of these swinging d—s in here, don't you?"

The guys laughed. I didn't. I had a choice: Say something, or say nothing.

The lockers to the right nearest me belonged to the defensive backs, including Brian Dawkins, Troy Vincentand Bobby Taylor, all established players. The lockers to the left nearest me belonged to the quarterbacks, including Donovan McNabb and A.J. Feeley.

In a raised voice, I said to the lineman: "If I wanted to see swinging d—s, I'd still be covering the Sixers."

I wasn't trying to be crude. I was trying to stand my ground. The comment prompted laughter that was louder and no longer directed at me. Players were laughing at the lineman. Vincent stood up, walked over and told the rookie that he got what he deserved, that I was welcome in the locker room and that I was to be treated with respect and dignity. And that, mercifully, was that.

MDS

there should be a 10x10 about men getting to go in the womens locker room

SUP SERENA
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

MDS

ice grillin you

looks like jason whitlock is going to espn

MDS

PhillyPhreak54

Fox Sports Live...pretty good.

MDS

i only saw parts of it...execution is pointless for a first show. it takes years to get that shtein down in tv.

format wise it didnt entirely work. theyre doing highlights then they flip it over to douchebag mcnabb and the chucklebunch for 3 minutes of debating some issue. get back to the sports please, i dont want to watch talk radio.

the sportscenter format works fine. the late sc is still terrific. fox should just have copied that but with the legends jay and dan and theyd be fine.

ice grillin you

other than sporting events i will not watch one second of anything on fox......farg a rupert murdoch

MDS

but you will watch espn which is owned by a company founded by a hateful bigot