The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

So Mikey Miss has the grief counselor who the Eagles hired to speak with Reid and Eagles players/employees.  Seems like a scumbag move...both on Missanelli's part for inviting him on and the counselor's part for going on to talk about it. 

Eagaholic

Why is it a bad move? The advice might help our :CF family work through our grief.

DH

Wow, really??? What is the benefit of having him on the air?

Let's be honest, the players don't care about Garrett...sure, I bet a few probably got to know him, liked him, whatever, but I can't imagine they were running to the complex to talk to some Jewy doctor about their feelings.

Don Ho

Quote from: Eagaholic on August 08, 2012, 03:57:51 PM
Why is it a bad move? The advice might help our :CF family work through our grief.

Way to late for that.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on August 08, 2012, 03:10:27 PM
So Mikey Miss has the grief counselor who the Eagles hired to speak with Reid and Eagles players/employees.  Seems like a scumbag move...both on Missanelli's part for inviting him on and the counselor's part for going on to talk about it.

I heard that this morning as well.  I too thought it was a strange move.  Halfway through it was like "OK Mike, this ain't working, say thanks for calling in and move on". 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

this thing is going to be cohosting espn's new late night talk show this fall....

and MA loves themselves some olympics...towns with the highest olympic ratings thus far...

1. Salt Lake City
2. Kansas City
3. Milwaukee
4. Denver
5. Columbus
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Didn't realize he spent his entire career at one paper.  I hope Todd's career mirrors that. 

MDS

im on my 2nd paper homeslice
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

paper should probably be in quotes

MDS

its actually extraordinarily poorly run, even more so than the one i was at before

but ill take the pay increase and shut up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Didn't realize you moved to another paper.  Well, there goes your shot at rivaling Bob Ryan. 

What paper are you "writing" for now? 

MDS

Dillen

Facebook told me that some guy I know, who was never that good at sports journalism, just got a job writing for a paper in North Dakota. He moved across country for it. So at least you're not him.

PhillyPhreak54

ESPN is openly celebrating Tim Tebows birthday on air.

Complete with farging party hats, streamers and birthday cake.

WTF FEVA!!!!