The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I don't know how anybody could like him even a little. I thought what Jalen did was great and thats not because I hate Bayless, bottom line don't lie to prove a point.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Sgt PSN

I'm not the least bit surprised that Havas likes him.  He's Eskin but with a national audience. 

ice grillin you

i dont like him...i just dont care about him...hes entertainment...i dont understand how people could hate him...like someone else mentioned he doesnt even believe half the stuff he says...

and hes nothing like eskin....eskin was a complete dick....skip has a much better personality
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 12, 2012, 12:12:08 PM
hes entertainment...i dont understand how people could hate him...like someone else mentioned he doesnt even believe half the stuff he says...

I said it and that's the exact reason why I can't stand the guy.  I'm typically not a fan of people who say things just to get a reaction rather than because they actually believe it.  I watch sports because I want to be entertained.  I watch sports news and commentary because I want to be informed.  Bayless is neither entertaining or informative.

Quoteand hes nothing like eskin....eskin was a complete dick....skip has a much better personality

Better personality?  No.  Different?  Yes.  But fundamentally they are both the same and say things for "shock value" rather than because it's what they really think. 

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 12, 2012, 09:27:20 AM
ESPN is probably loving this. Bayless moves the meter. He's the Howard Stern of sports talk and more people watch that show to hate on him than they do because they like him. I belong to a sports talk group on FB (mock) that my brother invited me too and every day at least 50 of these fools are talking about Bayless. This little lie only has people talking about him even more and I'd bet the ratings are going up because of it. I'm convinced that Bayless doesn't beleive most of the things he says. He's just being a contrarian and says things that people will disagree with and talk about and more importantly, tune in tomorrow to see what he says next.

It's one of the most staged and planned acts I've ever seen.

something like 200k watched first take the last couple of days

in tv world thats roughly 4 people
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

When I see Bayless I picture Todd.

ice grillin you

Eagaholic

I can't fathom why anyone would watch that shtein. I saw Bayless maybe a couple of times a few years ago. He was excitedly ranting about nonsense. He seemed like some deranged squirrel injected with methamphetamine then hooked up to a car battery.

Sgt PSN

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 13, 2012, 11:32:09 PM
I can't fathom why anyone would watch that shtein.

like the lil guy said no one does

bayliss gets most of his run from people commenting on blogs mb's and twitter about a snippet they saw heard or read about from the show....but no one actually watches it

Eagaholic

Well maybe if they force fed him rancid fermenting pumpkins before the shows it would help things. Certainly couldn't hurt. Unless that is his normal diet.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Announcement tomorrow regarding the Flyers/Sixers and radio. Not allowed to disclose the specifics but I'm sure you can all figure it out.

SunMo

what station is the announcement on?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

Quote from: SD on April 24, 2012, 03:37:38 PM
Announcement tomorrow regarding the Flyers/Sixers and radio. Not allowed to disclose the specifics but I'm sure you can all figure it out.
I assume this means the phanatic is getting the flyers games? Nice. Wanna avoid giving WIP ratings as much as I can
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds