The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yep...I turned it off.

Not that it hasn't been said before but ESPN is out on control with this shtein.

I miss Olbermann and Patrick and the days of just giving the damn scores with a little humor and sarcasm thrown in.

Now it's a goddamn circus.

Geowhizzer

Pretty much stopped paying attention to ESPN about 3-4 years ago.  If it isn't an actual game I'm interested in, I'm not watching.

Scores and highlights are all available online, without the tired banalities.

When I want banalities, I come here.

MDS

i didnt know you were into banal
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The one thing left that ESPN does well is these documentaries.

The Magic Johnson one is outstanding.

I remember that day vividly. I was 12 and living in Kansas and we had a huge blizzard that canceled Halloween the week before so this was the make up day for trick or treating.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 11, 2012, 10:16:00 PM
The one thing left that ESPN does well is these documentaries.

The Magic Johnson one is outstanding.

I remember that day vividly. I was 12 and living in Kansas and we had a huge blizzard that canceled Halloween the week before so this was the make up day for trick or treating.

I was in college.  Was pretty stunned to have Johnson's career ended so suddenly.

ice grillin you

lol at geo....the only person to ever refer to him as johnson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Maybe he was talking about Magic's Johnson. It's career ended that day too.

DH

I remember my Mom was crying when we saw the news flash...to this day, I'm still not sure why.

SunMo

well considering she immediately made a doctor's appointment and then the next week she has one of those cotton balls taped to the inside of her arm...you know why
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

erin is leaving espn

no she isnt
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 12, 2012, 04:45:40 PM
erin is leaving espn

no she isnt

twitter FTL

anyway.....

Andrews is in the throes of contract negotiations, as Richard Deitsch noted today. So is Scott Van Pelt, as we mentioned in January. And Michelle Beadle, too.

The word on the streets of Bristol is that Beadle wants to make sure Colin Cowherd sticks around Sportsnation, because otherwise, maybe she'll look elsewhere (would NBC give her a show? Could Fox come up with something for her?). I thought ESPN could have had something with Beadle and Charissa Thompson ... but if the Super Bowl was any indication, Thompson is on Team Andrews. (More on that story ... when we can fully confirm it all.)

But I'm hearing Cowherd won't return to Sportsnation in 2013, thus making Beadle's situation more tenuous. The guess here: They get her some type of LA-based show.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

I knew Beadle when she was the on-court reporter for the Nets, and I am shocked that her career has gone the way it has thusfar. Had I known she was gonna be a big deal, I may have tried to impregnate her. Live and learn, I guess.

SunMo

i think she's horribly overrated, but people seem to love her
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

She's shrill and annoying.  In other words, perfect ESPN on-air "talent."

DH

Didn't you have a thing for Linda Cohn at some point? Or am I thinking of another weirdo?