The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: SunMo on February 06, 2012, 12:54:28 PM
WIP is pimping a major station announcement at 3pm

I'm thinking WIP is getting the Phillies in FM, that will be sweet

Didn't they make that announcement a month ago?

SunMo

oh, maybe.  i don't know.  they are hyping it like they have the cure for cancer
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

So what was their big announcement?

MDS

rhea hughes is getting a nosejob
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Angelo helped Conlin molest kids.

QB Eagles

SunMo

DN sports editor was WIP today and there is going to be some major changes in the way the Inky and DN cover sports in the city.  They are going to start sharing beat reporters so that instead of the same company having 3 guys asking the same questions, one guy can do the "beat" and other guys can work on other things.  the columnists will stay with their respective company, but they will do a rotation with the website where one day a week each guy will write 2 or 3 short columns based on what's going on that day.

it seems good in theory, and they are pushing content to website first, then paper.  but until they fix their godawful website, it won't make much of a difference

ice grillin you

i can jerk off...cook a rock solid frozen family sized stouffers lasagna and find a word that rhymes with orange before a page loads on philly.com
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

QB Eagles

Quote from: SunMo on February 21, 2012, 09:01:59 AM
video please

If it's on Philly.com there's decent odds that the video will start autoplaying as soon as the page loads (after some ads).

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Gregg Murphy from CSN is gonna join the Phillies broadcast team as an on the field reporter.

Whatever. When he's talking, it means Wheels and TMac aren't so that's a plus.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on February 21, 2012, 06:13:44 PM
Quote from: SunMo on February 21, 2012, 09:01:59 AM
video please

If it's on Philly.com there's decent odds that the video will start autoplaying as soon as the page loads (after some ads).

Jerking off, loads, video,  PLAY BALL!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

anyone else see stu scott doing spoken word highlights on SC this morning like he was at a jazz club? it was so awful.

ice grillin you

i didnt see todays but hes been doing that periodically for like 10 years.....and yes its disgusting
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous