Quote from: MDS on December 07, 2011, 11:45:31 PM
no joke the mnf sked this year may be the worst in history

you mean the worst in the last five years

history = since sunday night football started

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Matthew Barnaby got fired by Feva for getting hammer drunk and driving with on a rim. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2011, 07:15:48 AM
Quote from: MDS on December 07, 2011, 11:45:31 PM
no joke the mnf sked this year may be the worst in history

you mean the worst in the last five years

history = since sunday night football started

yea, espn history. the current mnf is the same package as the old snf.

they had two jacksonville home games, a late season nfc west game and kansas city twice. preseason on paper the steelers/49ers game was an all timer abortion but as it turns out thats a winner.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

DALLAS -- Press pass? Got it. Laptop? Yep. Muscle shirts, short skirts and flip-flops? Stop right there.

For reporters covering Major League Baseball next season, beachwear and club outfits are no longer in fashion.

Baseball became the first major pro league in North America to issue dress guidelines for media members, putting them in writing this week at the winter meetings.

The no-wear list also includes visible undergarments, tank tops or anything with a team logo.

"This is not in response to any single incident," MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said Tuesday.

However, baseball was aware of the flap caused in the NFL when a Mexican TV reporter drew unwanted attention at the New York Jets' training camp in September 2010 and it formed a committee of executives and media representatives to work on guidelines.

The panel included female and Latin reporters and there was input from team trainers, who had health concerns about flip-flops in clubhouses and bare feet possibly spreading infections. Such footwear is no longer permitted.

The skimpy attire worn by some of the TV reporters covering the Marlins in Miami drew particular scrutiny.

"We just thought it was time to get a little organized, to put it in place before there was an incident," said committee member Phyllis Merhige, an MLB senior vice president.

"There's no one who expects reporters to wear a suit and tie," she said. "But with the advent of different media, there are now individuals who are not part of a bigger organization that may have a dress code."

The media should dress "in an appropriate and professional manner" with clothing proper for a "business casual work environment" when in locker rooms, dugouts, press boxes and on the field, the new MLB guidelines say.

Banned are sheer and see-through clothing, ripped jeans, one-shouldered, strapless shirts or clothing exposing bare midriffs. Also listed are "excessively short" skirts, dresses or shorts cut more than 3-4 inches above the knee.

The NFL, NBA and NHL do not have similar policies.

MLB and members of the Baseball Writers' Association of America who regularly cover the sport agree that most reporters are within the boundaries. At World Cup soccer matches, it's different -- reporters in press areas often come decked out head-to-toe in team regalia.

"Personally, I believe the baseball media in general could dress slightly more professionally," said San Francisco Chronicle writer Susan Slusser, recently elected vice president of the BBWAA and a member of the guidelines panel. "I think it's been a little too casual."

MLB said it would consider appropriate actions if the guidelines were broken.

"It can be a fine line. What one person views as appropriate may not be seen the same way by someone else," Courtney said.

At 81, former Marlins manager Jack McKeon has seen dress codes change a lot during more than a half-century in the game. Especially at warm-weather ballparks during the hottest summer months.

"I remember the old days, when even the people in Triple-A would wear a coat and tie," he said. "Now, it's casual. Less than casual, really.

"Today, it can look pretty sloppy. But that's not just baseball. It's generational."
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Cheerleaders & ball girls can wear whatever they want. 

Reporters?  CLEAN IT UP!

PoopyfaceMcGee

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

holy farging shtein

http://deadspin.com/5869737/

QuoteLegendary Columnist Bill Conlin Resigns Over Forthcoming Philly Inquirer Bombshell
The Philadelphia Inquirer's top investigative reporter, Nancy Phillips, has written a story containing what we're told are allegations of child molestation against sportswriter Bill Conlin, a longtime columnist at the rival Daily News. Conlin resigned just moments ago, according to a source at the Daily News.
Conlin, who turns 78 this May, won the Ford C. Frick Award last May. The story supposedly will drop soon (the newspapers publish under a joint-operating agreement, sharing some resources and a website but otherwise competing for the same readers). Conlin has hired an attorney to defend himself against the piece. We'll have more details on this. For now, we can tell you that Conlin is at his condo in Largo, Fla.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

charlie

so are all sports that closely associated with diddling?

kiddie touching is the new lis franc sprain

PoopyfaceMcGee

SD

Drunkmasterflex

Whats weird is I always thought that Bill Conlin looked like a child molester and made jokes about it.  I never thought he actually was, I just thought he was a pompous dick. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Holy shtein - wow!

What the hell is it with all of these child molesters lately?!

Rome